DX » Community » Reviews » 3-Mode 5-LED White + Red Bike Safety Light - Black (3 x AAA)
  • 5 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• meets my needs

posted by klz88 on 09/10/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- has the functions it advertises
    (always on, one second strobe with 50% duty cycle and a fast strobe cycling all leds including red ones)
    - has lateral redlight (on each side one red smd led, not powerful but still visible)
    - the white light from the five LED's is combined and focused in one circle of light at 2 meters plus
    - hangs on tight to my crowbar
    - quality made is ok. can't complain. the rubber coating gives a strong feeling of protection from dirt and impacts.

Cons:

- the five LED's from the front are not so powerful, but they still emit and acceptable light. I compared it with a friend with one bulb headlight and it didn't even get near to the brightness of his bike headlight.
    - the power on and switch modes push button is very hard to work with. I always need to concentrate and look where it is to push it, but acceptable.
    - might fall downwards because of it gravity center if it doesn't stick well to the bar.

OtherThoughts:

- contains a plastic white housing underneath the rubber coating. The LED are held tight together by a transparent plastic which is also used as focusing lens.
    - on my item, the batteries where included. they are the cheapest ones and might not last long, but still. It was plug and play.
    - can be mounted on the back, but i think it was thought to be mounted on the front. If mounted in the back it will not be at a 90 degrees angle and only the back wheel will be lit. Also you will throw away the lateral red lighting functionality.
    - can be mounted on the arcade of the suspension. Worked fine for me like this, and it looked very cool, but it is not theft proof.
    - it's a very good acquisition, considering that the fine for not having it starts at 30 dollars.
    - i haven't checked its waterproofing yet, but seems very assuring.

Bottomline:

- i'm very pleased with it. I managed to mount it in the middle of the crowbar (thus removing it would require to dismantle the bar - easy theft proof)

• mounted on suspension
    • mounted on suspension and turned on
    • mounted on suspension

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections