DX » Community » Reviews » Metal 8KG Load Camera Tripod Stand (1.6-Meter Height)
  • 5 star 12 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 32% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 14% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not bad, a little flimsy.

posted by Nikoneer on 04/12/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I bought this tripod after getting the 1.5 meter/5kg load rated tripod. the 1.5m was just a little too short for full staanding set up.
    this tripod is very nice looking and has a lot of useful functions.
    the ballhead is a decent size, very smooth and locks tight pretty good. best part of the tripod by far in my opinion.
    the bag is pretty good quality as well.(was not dirty)
    compass is neat, but not really needed. maybe if you are in the city and want to make sure your using light from a north facing window for shooting for the best light.
    the tripod is quite light for its size.

Cons:

the legs are flimsy. they are metal but not a very heavy gauge. this makes the tripod lighter, but when it's set up it takes very little pressure to get the legs flexing.
    I was surprised by the lack of strenght in the tripod as the 5kg load rated tripod has much more solid legs.

OtherThoughts:

I have used the ballhead of this tripod on my other shorter (but more stable) tripod and for that reason alone I probably would buy this tripod again.
    time will tell if I still feel this way in a few months.

Bottomline:

it's a good tripod for the money, especially the ballhead. perhaps if I had bought this tripod before the other I would not have noticed the flimsy legs so much, but as I was upgrading for stregth it was very noticable to me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections