Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellect tripod, comparably

posted by Cristofor on 04/12/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I received it in excellent condition. The bag is padded, clean, smells fine, and very sturdy. The tripod is practically flawless; no scratches or dents.

I bought to support my camera in portrait mode without budging. I have a Canon XT, battery grip, Canon 24-70 L lens, Canon 580EX flash. The included ball mount is good enough to support all that weight.

Cons:

There is a grip between all of the legs that you can tighten to set the high of the shaft. The threads were pretty squeaky so i just used some graphite powder (shaved pencil lead) to make it smoother.

The lower smaller leg extensions seem to be thinner than they should be; it looks like they could have used thicker tubes.

With everything fully extended, the tripod has a little give. I would compare it to a lower end travel ball head tripod.

When you extend and lock the legs, they all curve to the side. It doesn't affect the stability though.

I wish is didn't have the model number printed on the foam leg padding.

Bottomline:

It was shipped separately in the retail box. The box was wrapped in thick paper then covered in packing tape. It was in the padded bag. Everything came in excellent condition.

The finish on the tripod is very nice; it feels expensive. The included bag is really good quality. I am impressed with everything.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections