DX » Community » Reviews » Art Knife with Spare Blades (7-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Lacking on a few levels

posted by blackjudas on 10/17/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's a precision knife
    Blades are sharp and thin

Cons:

Horrible case
    No cover
    Hollow handle

OtherThoughts:

First thing I noticed when these arrived is the lack of a real case. Sure they come as pictured, but you'll notice that there is no real way to remove the handle. There is no indent for your finger so there is no specific way to remove the handle from the middle.

I figured, sure, just don't insert it in the center with a blade, but I did. Trust me, getting the handle back out was not fun. The case is too tight and I had to pry it out with a thin piece of metal.

There is also no real lid to the case. Well, you can cut off the packaging cover to use it as a cover, but it's dubious.

Also, as for feel, this thing is made from aluminum with a hollow centre. Making it feel extremely cheap. Which it is really, can't really expect more for the price.

On the upside, it does what it was intended to do. It cuts things and it cuts them well.

Bottomline:

I'd keep looking if you need something substantial that you'd want to last. Otherwise if you just need something to get the job done, you can't beat this price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections