Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
shows OK up to 100 Mhz digital signals, menu is quite intuitive (though reading the booklet is a must for some functions). The PrtScr button is a very quick way to get screen snapshot (settings values are shown nicely in same snapshot).
1. The PC connection is not functioning at all: It came with CD with Chinese letters in file name, failed to install. I downloaded the app from UNI-T site, it opened, even showed the scope is connected, but nothing functioned (except a few knobs that turned around by my mouse - the rest stayed grey). Note it prevented me from verifying memory depth (cannot get the recorded signal into a file to check the ability to post-process)
2. The screen is stated as 800x480 pixels. The snapshot provides a 400x240 BMP file. I suspect that the system resolution is half of the actual display and of the promise in spec. (probably memory / SW lack of support ?)
3. A few more minor "expectation gaps" found comparing the user manual to the scope (e.g. missing "Video" "ALT trig" and "EXT/5" options in trigger menu)
[ FYI The Model and version I checked is UTD2052CL, HW ver 2.00 , SW ver 1.09 ]
4. For a person used to work with top of line D.S.O's, main feature I miss here is smarter trigger (especially smart pre-trigger chain, e.g. rise at channel 1, delay or events of of at least ... , and another rise on same channel) note that real power is achieved with 2nd channel and 2nd trigger level - requires more HW, maybe some improvements could be added just in SW)
5. BTW I want to believe PC SW issue will be resolved. But if one builds expectations, then note that the SW offers only manual operation via GUI (mouse +KBD), while the "ultimate" testing needs the ability to access the PC SW from your own tester program (through FTP / ActiveX / ect...)
At the time being, I believe it is the best standalone scope for its price, especially if you just want to see signals up to ~100Mhz and do not really need more than keeping snapshots of the screen.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.