DX » Community » Reviews » Cree XR-E Q5 LED Drop-in Module (3.7V~18V Input)
  • 5 star 11 ( 65% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byaekrusty on 05/24/2013

Rather cheap for a Q5, it works well and gives very good light. Good replacement for a P60 host. Accepts voltage from 3,7 to 18V. Very good build quality. Massive reflector, current driver is well designed. Beam temperature is as written, cold, I think it's about 6000K? Very useful for my bike, I'll work on mounting during winter. Photos'll be available ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPolstato on 02/23/2013

Sono dei bulbi che emanano un flusso di luce bianca da circa 200 lumen, molto buoni per creare torce assemblate nel mio caso 800 lumen,sarebbe stato maglio un bulbo da 250 lumen,ma erano già esauriti,comunque funzionano. Sono dei bulbi da 200 lumen sarebbero migliori se fossero da 250 lumen,comunque funzionano bene Non sono riuscito a trovare indicazioni ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRolfegil on 09/28/2010

Rather cheap for a Q5, it works well and gives very good light. Good replacement for a P60 host. Accepts voltage from 3,7 to 18V. The one i got was blinking when I first turned it on, in a 1 sec on/off cycle. I left it on, and within one minute it suddenly started to give a constant light as it was supposed to. It has worked well since. Gets quite hot!... Read more

1 0
  • posted byKofko on 09/06/2010

Very good build quality. Massive reflector, current driver is well designed. Beam temperature is as written, cold, I think it's about 6000K? Very useful for my bike, I'll work on mounting during winter. Photos'll be available on spring :D Undefined poles on bottom side. Outter circle is the minus pole (-) and inner (smaller spring) is the plus pole ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byzerodgz on 04/01/2010

This is a mostly direct drop-in replacement for P60 type flashlight lamps. It fits much of the Surefire line including my Surefire G2 and also my Streamlight M3 pistol light. In both cases I had to remove the gold colored spring for proper fitment but the spring is only friction fit and slides right off. This lamp is brighter than all Sin, noticeably ... Read more

4 1
  • posted byJunkMeister on 10/04/2009

Very bright with a colour temperature about the same as sunlight. No blue, just clean white light. Easy to use and easily adapted to 3 D cell Mag lights. CATCH: This is not an 18 volt product. It runs just fine on as low as 3.4 volts to about 6 volts. Go much higher than that and it will fry unless it has a massive heat sink. The regulator must be linear ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byGordyTheCook on 09/24/2009

easy drop in I cut the spring down and it fits my g2 great. build quality is good and if I get board with it I can always convert it to a different led. over heats after 15 to 20 minuets. I guess that's why S##@fire converted to aluminum heads on there g2LEDs On the flip I found that 18650s don't heat up the LED as much "go figure" good LED ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzhangrongbin on 05/26/2009

Extremely bright LED light. Much less fragile than the incandescent bulb. The entire assembly drops right in (after removing the outer spring, which pulls right off) and directly replaces the P60 bulb assembly in my Surefire 6p and 6z lights. Light remains usable over the entire life of the batteries. I replaced the bulb in a Surefire 6z with old batteries ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzorodz on 04/03/2009

Very bright spot for such a small module. Power consumption is also very small, compared to traditional bulbs. Wide voltage input makes it possible to connect this to almost any battery. External casing is connected to negative pole, which makes it difficult to mount multiple modules to single aluminium plate. Should also have a place to weld negative ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPaul30 on 12/29/2008

Wide voltage range. Straight replacement for standard drop-in-unit. Very bright will low power consumption. Long life bulb! Works with CR123A 3.7v Rechargable batteries! None! A good, powerful, sturdy drop-in-unit to replace or upgade you exhisting unit. I didn't need to mod the unit in any way, just drop in and switch on. My $20 flashlight now performs ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections