Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• First-time safety razor user

posted by m3lang3 on 10/15/2012
    2 0

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

It feels solid; my scale says it's 40.8g with the blade installed. The handle is covered in deep grooves with some perpendicular grooves at the top and bottom, so it's unlikely one would accidentally lose their grip. The travel case has a built-in mirror. And it's very shiny.

Cons:

The travel case is brittle; the tab that keeps it closed will likely break if used more than a few times. No instructions, or if there are, they're in Chinese on the box. This is not much of a con; it took me about 5 seconds to figure out how to install the blade. Here's how: The end of the handle is a knob. Twist it; this loosens the entire assembly. Unscrew the handle and it all comes apart. Fit the blade on the two cones on the back of the curved piece. Put the middle plate on top of it so the cones poke through it. Screw the handle back on. Tighten the knob. Done.

OtherThoughts:

This is my first safety razor; I've used disposables until now. Consequently, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Bottomline:

It seems like a solid, well-made, and simple piece of shaving equipment. Definitely worth the asking price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections