DX » Community » Reviews » JULIET Sports Cycling Aluminum Alloy Frame UV 400 Protection Polarizing Sunglasses - Black + Red
  • 5 star 6 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great quality sunglasses

posted by paterson_1 on 07/26/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

These sunglasses are very comfortable, and surprisingly, have a quality feel about them. Being an alloy frame there is a feeling of solidarity and weightyness which you don't ordinarily find in glasses of this price range.

The lenses appear yellow in the photo, but in person they are a ruby, almost red color when viewed straight on. Only when viewed from an accute angle do the lenses appear yellow. If you're a wanna-be X-Men Cyclops, these are the glasses for you.

Viewing through the lense is very clear. Not too dark, with good polarisation and no flaws in the tint that I could see.

The rubber on the earpieces and nosebombs is very comfortable, and the hinges and overall build quality of the glasses feels very sturdy.

It comes with a nice Oakley black capsule style case, with a microfibre pouch and cleaning cloth.

Cons:

A little more expensive than most other sunglasses on DX. That said if you want to buy a geniune pair of Oakley Juliets you're looking at least 10x the price of these, which makes these a bargain.

OtherThoughts:

There are lots of interchangable Oakley Juliet lenses available for purchase. These sunglasses have screws holding them together just like genuine Juliets, so perhaps the lenses can be swapped?

Also, in case you weren't aware, there are other lens and frame color selections of these same sunglasses available on DX. I personally think this pair with the gunmetal grey frames and ruby lenses look fantastic, but you might like another color combination.

Bottomline:

If like me you've been looking at getting a pair of Juliets but cannot justify the stupid price, then look no further. Buy these. You won't be sorry.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections