• 3 star 2 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A very close copy of the one Apple sells for $30!

posted by gbdx88 on 06/02/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The USA Apple Store offers an 'InCase' brand silicone rubber case that is almost identical to this one. At first I thought that they were from the same mould, only this model doesn't have the brand stamped in the side. I found a review of the InCase one, and compared the close-up photos to my cover from DX, and they're very slightly different, but you've really gotta be looking hard to find the differences!

The camera, mute switch, headset jack and bottom plug are exposed (as you would expect) on this cover. The power and volume switches are covered, and a very nice raised button protudes above each switch - works very well.

Cons:

This fits my iPhone perfectly, except for the strip across the bottom where the home button and the connector are - there, the rubber case sits about a 1/2 millimetre above the face of the iPhone. The soft rubber does attract a bit of dust, pocket lint, etc, but really, there are no serious cons with this product. It's good.

OtherThoughts:

One of the review sites for the genuine InCase product had someone complaining that the case exposes the chrome silver strip around the edge of the iPhone screen! Wow! Some of these people are really bored, aren't they! Yes, the silver strip is exposed, no, it's not going to get scratched! Get a life! :-)

Bottomline:

I'm not using this rubber case combined with one of the screen protectors. For less than $4.00, my iPhone is quite happily protected.

This is a very good case, very nice. Buy it. When DX adds separate SKUs for each colour, buy one of each colour! I'm going to order a red one just as soon as there's an SKU for red!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections