There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good lens cap as a replacement

posted by Ulongh on 04/26/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Cheap price. Locally, I could find one like this for at least 5 USD.

- Good build quality, does not feel cheap like some other similar lens cap (non-original ones).

- Centered-pinch styled made it easy to attach and detach, especially when compared to the side-pinch ones.

- Mechanic spring is solid and sturdy, should be last long for many years of use.

- Nylon retaining strap is included with the package, this prevents loss of lens cap.

Cons:

- None so far, especially when considering its price.

OtherThoughts:

- I bough this lens cap because I loss the original one that comes with my KONICA MINOLTA DIMAGE A200 which has 49mm in size.

- This product is good as a replacement in order to protect the lens and/or filter from dust and dirt.

- It would be perfect if there is a printed camera logo/brand, for example, CANON, NIKON, OLYMPUS, SONY, KONICA MINOLTA, PENTAX, etc.

Bottomline:

- Several legacy manual focus lenses also have 49mm front thread, for example, OLYMPUS ZUIKO OM 50/1.8, OM 50/1.4, OM 28/3.5, OM 135/3.5, etc. This lens cap would be useful for these lens owner alo, in case of the original one have been lost.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections