Customer’s impression:
good Very good excellent muito bom Bright
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great headlight! But clearly indicated on the box: 160 lumens!

posted by Baycode on 04/07/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Weight (very light).
    Size (very small, fits in the palm of the hand).
    Zooming head (wide enough for walking, reaches far enough for exploration at night).
    On/off switch (easy to operate, feels good quality).
    Power adjustment switch (at the top of the battery compartment. You can adjust the power level steplessly from the lever)
    Battery compartment back cover (made of silicone or silicone-like material, feels good quality, dos not smell)
    Strap (feels good quality)
    Led head can be tilted down (with clicks)
    Comfortable.
    Seems durable.
    Clean assembly (even the inner side of the lens is clean).
    Insanely powerful for such a small headlamp unit at max setting (160 lumen).
    It's indicated on the box that 3AAA's can last 72 hours (I believe at the lowest power setting).

Cons:

There are no indications or letters on the box to show if it's weather proof (or water proof).
    Zooming action mechanism does not work smoothly. You can easily zoom out bot cannot zoom in very easily (Have push the lamp with one finger while zooming in).

OtherThoughts:

I assume this headlamp may withstand little rain. Not sure about water resistance.

If you have very large head, the elastic strap length may not be appropriate for you (even if you stretch it) to comfortably wear the headlamp for extended time. I am male and my head size is medium. No problems so far... t is very comfortable for me...

Bottomline:

I have a bunch of headlamps and torches from different brands (LedLenser, Petzl, Princeton Tec, SmallSun, etc.). I can easily say that the power of this headlamp is around 160 lumens but not 200 lumens as written on this page. On the box also it is indicated as 160 lumens.

Post comment

DX Everywhere