There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Surprising quality!

posted by Kartug on 12/26/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Extremely well built! The "body" is mainly made of metal, which feels really nice. The gears are made of plastic though, but this is not a problem. The follow focus wheel is made out of both metal and plastic.

-Adjustable position to fit all kinds of lenses. Just loosen 1 thumb screw and you can slide it into position!

-Nice resistance when turning the follow focus wheel. This makes for a smooth focus pull.

-Able to make marking on the white part of the focus wheel. I have not tried it however since i don't know what kind of pen i need. I would guess a whiteboard marking pen.

-A whole lot easier to pull focus with this instead of the focus ring on the lens.

Cons:

-It's not cheap. Rather, it's very expensive. However, you get a quality product that wont break easily.

-Not sure if this is an actual con. Because of it's metal construction it's heavy! It's nicely balanced however.

-The gear ring you put over the lens slides off too easy. Thanks to the reviewer before me who said to put a rubber band on the focus ring!

OtherThoughts:

When i ordered the follow focus i suspected it to be all plastic. Safe to say i was happily surprised! It really feels like an actual piece of pro equipment.

Bottomline:

A REALLY nice piece of equipment. And when it makes focusing this much easier, i recommend it to everyone who does DSLR video. The only real downside is the price. But you get what you pay for, and it's certainly true in this case.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections