DX » Community » Reviews » Prototype Shield + Mini Breadboard for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 20 ( 95% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by kasperk on 06/29/2013

Pros: * Works perfectly * Exactly the right size for Arduino Uno boards * The self-adhesive tape seems to cling on tightly * Seems like a durable build quality Cons: * I would appreciate a slightly lower price, but that's the only downside I can think of OtherThoughts: Works like a charm; I have been using mine for a few weeks now (connecting a... Read more

0 0
  • posted by ObiTwice on 06/12/2013

Pros: This is a must have if you are going to use a arduino, it makes prototyping very easy. The board it self is of good quality. The mini breadboard can be fasten with a peace of double layer tape to the prototyping shield, but this is not necessary. Good quality for a small amount of cash. Makes working with an arduino and sensors easy and f... Read more

Unpacked prototype shield
    0 0
  • posted by jmdieleman on 05/28/2013

Pros: This did the job for me, the copper didn't rust and everything on the board works (led, buttons etc.). This product is also very cheap compared to the standard arduino boards. I really liked the +5V and GND rows (very usefull!) Cons: I don't like the pre-connected copper-holes, there are just to many of them. It's probably inpossible to s... Read more

0 0
  • posted by sybernuker on 05/08/2013

Pros: Plugs right into rev3 uno. Pin spacing is correct. Soldering quality looks good. Includes additional 5v and gnd headers to plug in to when using the breadboard. As well as 5v and gnd buses if your soldering your project. Has 2 LEDs with resistors. All you need is to feed them 5v. Reset button works. And includes a second button wired to g... Read more

0 0
  • posted by gallythetuned on 04/30/2013

Pros: Cheap and efficient. The breadboard is not glued to the shield (id has an adhesive face for fixation) so you decide to fasten it or not depending of your needs. User leds and button works fine,rest button works fine too. Cons: this shield is non stackable which is a major cons since the stackability is the arduino's major strength and som... Read more

0 0
  • posted by ragavkrish on 04/16/2013

Pros: Solid constuction Clone of Adadruit's Prototype shield Mini breadboard is a great addon Cons: The board doesnt allow stackable expansion through other shields. Other than that, no cons whatsoever OtherThoughts: My board came with a few bent pins. Although this was easily fixed with a pait of small pliers, I would request DX to pack this i... Read more

0 0
  • posted by paulocwb2003 on 04/07/2013

Pros: Fully compatible with Arduino Duemilanove and Uno. I use it to bootload Atmega8 (SKU: 136056) Cons: None OtherThoughts: When I've ordered this product http://dx.com/p/atmel-atmega8-16pu-avr-8-bit-microcontroller-chips-3-piece-pack-136056 I was aware it should come without bootloader, so I've ordered this one. I've mouted Atmega8 on it and... Read more

Bootloader in Prototype Shield V5
    0 0
  • posted by dextertron on 03/04/2013

Pros: - Very easy to use - Constructed with excellent material. - Good ended in the welds. - Excellent Color. - A great variety of uses. Cons: - The protoboar covers the connections of the pines, to use components SMD type SOIC. - Contacts oxidizes over time. - The soldier's position of the resistances, can do that detach or are damaged by the... Read more

0 0
  • posted by ExtremeFlyer on 02/21/2013

Pros: Very inexpensive, comes with the tiny breadboard useful for single project. I ended up buying many more of those tiny breadboards. Has SMD and IC pads if you want to solder; also comes with 2 LEDs and one switch (the other one in the photo is tied to RESET). Cons: Contacts oxidizes over time (a couple of months) but some sandpaper or flux... Read more

0 0
  • posted by SoManyFish on 02/19/2013

Pros: - Allows you to breadboard small prototypes while maintaing the original Arduino footprint. - Good build quality. - Great price! Cons: - Does not extend SCL or SDA pins that were introduced on Uno R3 and Leonardo but those pins are still accessible on the Arduino board. (But, to be fair, I have not yet seen a prototype shield that does ex... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections