DX » Community » Reviews » LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 76 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 22 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Pleased Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Owners Well manufactured shield Pleasently Surprised!
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAmigalopin on 08/26/2014

Pros: this shield is really well manufactured and is working directly with my mega 2560 card. The product sent is as in the description and is well packaged (no scratch, no broken pin/button). The variable resistance (blue plastic cap) in the LCD upper left corned allow the ability to dimm the backlight. Cons: as from today, I didn't found any cons.... Read more

Impression:Well manufactured shield;

0 0
  • posted byvictor83 on 08/25/2014

Pros: Bright back light, adjustaqble contrast, solid build, and plugs effortlessly into arduino. Cons: You can only have it blue. Bottom Line: There is nothing better i can think of, to have a basic input system (buttons) and output reading (the lcd display) without designing/assembling/soldering involved. Probably the first shield one should get. Read more

Impression:Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Owners;

0 0
  • posted byrancid1998 on 08/03/2014

Pros - The standard LCD Arduino library works great with this! I was able to find some code and modify the pin numbers so I could use a pro-mini to run the display. The contrast remains visible without any modification. The addition of the ICSP pins makes firmware updates a snap for your finished project. Cons - The potentiometer stands too tall, I ... Read more

This LCD works great! This LCD works great!

Impression:Pleased,Pleasently Surprised!;

0 0
  • posted bypopliviustefan on 06/27/2014

Excellent LCD. Soldering is good and the boards are assembled very nice. It also works with the arduino due (only needs to be fed +5V and it will accept the 3.3V data lines from the due). It can be directly inserted over the Duemilanove and you have the posibility to expose the pins that the screen is not using. It is very useful for learning/prototyping ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRockhound74 on 06/21/2014

Works great. It is simple to find appropriate code examples for this LCD shield - just load HelloWorld example: 1) In Arduino IDE - File->Examples->LiquidCrystal->HelloWorld: 2) Change the constructor LiquidCrystal lcd(8,9,4,5,6,7). 1) The resistor (referred to as "blue box") which is used to adjust the brightness is a too high to ... Read more

LCD Keypad Shield - Hello World
    0 0
  • posted bydkawesome on 04/09/2014

Really quick delivery, the assembly is high quality, everything is precisely according to the advertised specifications. Works perfectly out-of-the box, just plugged it into my Arduino Uno R3 board. None really. The LCD display was well-packed, in a packaging that protects the display from static charges, and all the pins were wrapped in foam to prevent ... Read more

Face view Rear view, with protective foam Rear view, protective foam removed
    0 0
  • posted bylaurenttomson1 on 03/26/2014

This lcd is easy to use, you plug and it works. I'm a beginner and have no problem to use it. Pretty blue screen with white characters. Keypad use one pin. Plugged on the board, no more pin free. There is no manual included (but you can find what you need on internet). Works with #include <LiquidCrystal.h> LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7); ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykisbatyu on 03/02/2014

As I received it I tried it, and it worked well with the information provided in the previous reviews. Very bright back illumination. Works with standard LiquidCrystal library. Everything is written in this forum on how to use. There are no documentation found besides this forum. Found some soldering issues, some of the pins are off axis. Uses six digital ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bympantaz on 02/19/2014

Seems to be fully compatible with the standard Arduino "LiquidCrystal.h" library. This same item is three to four times the price from other retailers. None that I've noticed. As others have mentioned, the contrast adjusting pot required many, many turns before I could see anything. (I was beginning to think the unit might be defective.) For ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjohnzxr on 02/04/2014

Easy to use, good display, nice keypad very cheap Be careful with the backlight comtrol (see below), no documentation, pot sticks out above the display First, there is no documentation for this. However, the link below should give you all you need. The other thing to be aware of is the backlight control. Pin D10 controls the backlight and if you want ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections