Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymetal03326 on 03/26/2014

- Cheap way to replace broken SSD in Acer Aspire One ZG5; - Very good build quality; - Comes with two cables; - Maybe really not a con, but if you want to use it for Acer Aspire One in the place of the ZIF SSD you'll need crossed cable, but it's not supplied with this converter. You'll need to bend one of the two to do the trick; To fit inside the Acer ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrobrada on 12/26/2013

i purchased this to try to bring back to life my old mp4 player since hdd is damaged, but i'm kind of attached to it. it was very cheap so i decided to give it a try. i was a surprised that it actually worked with 4gb cf card and my player acted like i have replaced hdd, asking for new installment of firmware and apps and that was it. cables supplied ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGlucasG on 06/26/2013

The main PROS is that it helps to convert your IPOD classic from HDD into flash player. Just uninstall hdd, plug CF card to module, install module and here we go! no at all! i have spent 2 minutes to figure out which side the connector must be plugging - nothing special i have resurrected my IPOD for the price of bus ticket - its great! power consumption ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybrainwashed1 on 02/17/2013

It worked on first try, used it on a 6G iPod classic that previously had a 160GB harddrive and nowa 32GB compact flash card. Rockbox: I get instant boot times (1-2s vs ~10s), very fast song indexing (~1m vs ~15m). I have no idea how it works with the factory apple firmware. First time I tried it I put the card upside down and it was not booting, there ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFauskin on 08/31/2012

Fits the first Acer Aspire One that came to he market Faster than the ssd-thingy in AAO and small None really, It worked gret for my needs back then. It was the best alternative for a speed upgrade in the first Acer Aspire One that came to the market. The one with the sloooooow ssd-thingy. Back then the prices was very high on other alternativer so ... Read more

0 1
  • posted bylyangsuper on 10/07/2011

- quite a "rare" item because not many devices use a zif drive - two (different) cables included - cables can be a bit prone to breaking I used this together with a fast 32 GB compact flash card to make an SSD drive for my hp 2310p laptop. It only accepts ZIF drives and there are nog many zif ssd's available or very expensive. One cable didn't work ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvictaaaa on 03/17/2011

-Very cheap compared to other CF to ZIF boards -Does what its supposed to do -Feels solid -Easy to use -CF cards are still a bit expensive -Other than that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it A quick how to for opening and replacing the hard drive: 1. Get a prying tool to slide around the edge of the iPod 2. After getting it open, disconnect ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGaudi111 on 11/16/2010

The item does work as advertised. It fits just right inside an iPod video 5G, though I had to discard some foam and rubber liners (with them the case just does not close fine, putting some internal pressure; after removal of them the fit was perfect and the adaptor staysfirmly in place). The quality seems standard. Just do not fiddle around too much ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 03/30/2010

It works (unlike the one I bough of eBay). A simple way of replacing my 1.8" hard disk with a CF card. The cables are a little delicate. The connector could do with being further in on the board, just so when its bent over it doesn't stick out more than the board itself. I wanted to replace the hard disk on my Archos AV500 with a solid state drive, ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygreatdame2 on 03/10/2010

This will bring your ipod video back to life, and enables you to have twice the storage if you've got a 30gb model, and can increase your battery life. Its an excellent product, I highly recommend it. It will save you a lot of money bringing your ipod back. No cons to speak of. build quality is great and the price is right. Be careful with how you install ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections