DX » Community » Reviews » Cree R2 Drop-In 1-Mode LED Module (3.7V~18V / 26.5mm x 29mm)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byaekrusty on 01/15/2014

Rather cheap for a R2, it works well and gives very good light. Good replacement for a P60 host. Accepts voltage from 3,7 to 18V. Very good build quality. Massive reflector, current driver is well designed. Beam temperature is as written, cold, I think it's about 6000K? Very useful for my bike, I'll ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byantoinea101 on 02/13/2013

- Very bright - Really cheap compared to the surefire alternative - Fits without any play in my G2 - The outer spring made it impossible to fit in my G2, but it was fixed in 2 seconds and without any tools. - Maybe it is too bright for some applications (reading, ...) This is a very good buy. It turned ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byavenuej on 01/13/2013

Can be used with voltages up to 18V so its a good option for Cordless work lights. Fit my Porter Cable work light with only minor modifications. After the mod it almost looks like it was made that way. Much much brighter than the original bulb. DX replaced the bad one. 1st one was DOA. I knocked off ... Read more

Mod Porter Cable work light to accept drop-in drop-in screwed into reflector Porter Cable Work Light after mod

1 0 0

• posted byDellSuperman on 02/11/2012

- Cheap & potentially saving me alot more from buying the original ones. - The battery is able to last longer than with the original bulb. - Able to use 3.7v CR123a batteries. - Good light throw. - Bulb won't work with the spring. If you have a old 6P filament bulb surefire & its busted, this ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bySILVER040582 on 08/25/2011

Works like a champ! Strong and firm light! I used it to my UK4 underwater flashlight and the light as well as the spread circle around the main beam are amazing. At pitch dark its like a Jedi sword! None that i can think of so far! Probably have to change pollarity of batteries, at least i had to do ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byAndMok on 07/27/2011

Much better than the original bulb of sku 00976 Super Fire 14V Wf501D CR123A With Gun Mount Easy, just what i needed for gun light has only one mode Works fine with one or two 18650 batteries Did not broke after firing on AKA SAIGA 12 kal It is one of the best ways to see the quality with my flashlight ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bypinetree89 on 04/11/2011

An excellent well made drop-in. Despite it being superseded by the XP-G, XM-L and other emitters, let's face it, the small die size of the XR-E emitter makes for great throw in a light. My unit arrived and was packaged very well. The emitter appeared to be centered very well in the reflector. It's also ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byLego74 on 02/24/2011

Postal packaging was good, the damage to the module is not received. The light is very bright, surprisingly good given the low power consumption. White light, no blue or yellow. When powered from 4.5V corps almost never hot. When connected to a power source, it was found that the electronic unit is not ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bystevenlparry on 11/27/2010

Bright, Cheap, and accepts a wide range of voltage input, so can be used in a variety of applications. Produces a fairly tight spot with a large halo of usable light. Only on and off without annoying modes. 2/3 the price of an XPG R5. Doesn't generate too much heat although the pill does get warm. Not ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byCulverjoe on 10/01/2010

*nice tight spot *accepts 3-18V, ANY battery configuration! *never burns out * twice the battery life, and four times the light output of surefire P60 *ONE MODE! *1/3 cheaper than R5 *must remove the outer spring to fit into a surefire (HUGE con, I know) *not quite as bright as an R5, but MUCH cheaper ... Read more

1 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections