Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Small, but still protrudes 1cm

posted by kdeal on 04/24/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Worked with my laptop right off. Compatible with the IVT bluetooth software I had installed from a previous (larger) dongle that included full-featured software.

It is small enough that it can stay plugged in and my laptop fits in the case.

Cons:

There is no software included. Apparently under XP the drivers were already present (i.e. plug-and-play).

NOTE: you will still need software for transferring data to/from your cellphone or PDA.

NOT QUITE AS SMALL as I had pictured it. The black plastic part does not sit flush against the side of my laptop: You can see about 2mm of the silver USB connector sticking out, leaving the entire device about 1cm out the side of my laptop.

OtherThoughts:

I wanted to be able to leave this plugged into the side of my laptop and not worry about removing it to fit in my case.

I think the device is small enough that neither the device nor the laptop usb connector will be damaged by leaving it in.

Bottomline:

Great price, no software, pretty small.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections