Has a clinometer. I add a bubble level, so it'll do accurate strike and dip readings after it's modded. Got the idea after seeing some modified Suuntos in Europe, except this is MUCH cheaper. Sticks in wet weather. And the dial doesn't provide enough purchase to turn it when it dows. I'm going to see ... Read more
- it works - it is filled with some liquid (lets hope its oil) - has a mechanism to meassure how steep somesthing is - has a ruler for maps in the scale 1:50000 to measure distances - you can turn the ring on the top to adjust the declenation - built in mirror - cord to hang arround your neck build quality ... Read more
Excellent compass, carcase in resistant acrylic mirror, good quality (comes with a protective film). The adjustment of declination is sufficiently accurate for most uses in the field, if you do not need exact measurements. The accuracy of the angles is consistent with the use of guidance. This measure ... Read more
-Has a mirror (Can be used as a signal also)
-Liquid damped compass
-Rotating bezel ring
-When folded out you an use it as 1:50000km/mm ruler, map reading
-A luminous direction point. -No line in the middle of the mirror? (DX could you add one please?)
- Wished it came with a better lanyard?... Read more
This is an actual working mirror compass (not lensatic like the title claims), not some weird mirror/lensatic compass combination like sku 6720 which doesn't work as either.
Compared it with my pro grade compass and it's pretty accurate.
It also comes an inclinometer, which you don't tend to find on ... Read more
- The price
- The compass and the device for measuring the angle works well. Perfect for measuring the angle of slopes when considering the risk of avalanches in the winter. - The hinges was broken when I got it, but for the price I did not bother to complain since it works. Tried to glue it but it came ... Read more
- Great price and it does look pretty good as well.
- mirror looks sharp
- can hang around your neck
- Great if you use km's as measurements. - The hinges are weak. - neck rope could be make with stronger material Okay so when the Item came in, I could hear something rattle in the box. Right there I ... Read more
- This is good compass with mirror. - It seems to work fine. - The price is really cheap. Check prices and see. - Built quality seems to be good. - It has a real mirror. It is not a reflective paper. - Cheap, cheap, cheap! - It is just what I was expecting. - For this price, there is no cons. - If you ... Read more
This is a mirror compass, not a lensatic compass. I prefer this type since it is more accurate.
The compass body is clear so you can align it with a map underneath.
The compass inclues a built in clinometer, perfect for measuring vertical angles.
A previous compass I bought from DX had a misaligned ... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.