Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byJering2009 on 03/03/2012

Has a clinometer. I add a bubble level, so it'll do accurate strike and dip readings after it's modded. Got the idea after seeing some modified Suuntos in Europe, except this is MUCH cheaper. Sticks in wet weather. And the dial doesn't provide enough purchase to turn it when it dows. I'm going to see if I can fix this - silicone oil, perhaps? The OTHER ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byZacMcKracken on 01/12/2011

- it works - it is filled with some liquid (lets hope its oil) - has a mechanism to meassure how steep somesthing is - has a ruler for maps in the scale 1:50000 to measure distances - you can turn the ring on the top to adjust the declenation - built in mirror - cord to hang arround your neck build quality is not the best can be collapsed, but the lock ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bygeofisica on 10/05/2010

Excellent compass, carcase in resistant acrylic mirror, good quality (comes with a protective film). The adjustment of declination is sufficiently accurate for most uses in the field, if you do not need exact measurements. The accuracy of the angles is consistent with the use of guidance. This measure allows tnato measures direct and indirect (referred ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymrninja on 09/22/2010

-Has a mirror (Can be used as a signal also) -Liquid damped compass -A clinometer -Rotating bezel ring -When folded out you an use it as 1:50000km/mm ruler, map reading -A luminous direction point. -No line in the middle of the mirror? (DX could you add one please?) - Wished it came with a better lanyard? Using my safety release whistle lanyard atm.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjzmtl on 06/17/2010

This is an actual working mirror compass (not lensatic like the title claims), not some weird mirror/lensatic compass combination like sku 6720 which doesn't work as either. Compared it with my pro grade compass and it's pretty accurate. It also comes an inclinometer, which you don't tend to find on cheap compass. The bezel is very hard to turn so needs ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byOyvas on 07/06/2009

- The price - The compass and the device for measuring the angle works well. Perfect for measuring the angle of slopes when considering the risk of avalanches in the winter. - The hinges was broken when I got it, but for the price I did not bother to complain since it works. Tried to glue it but it came off again. I won't write five hundred words, and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaxpower66 on 06/04/2009

- Great price and it does look pretty good as well. - mirror looks sharp - can hang around your neck - Great if you use km's as measurements. - The hinges are weak. - neck rope could be make with stronger material Okay so when the Item came in, I could hear something rattle in the box. Right there I knew that something was broken. The compass works ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrpcsp on 03/13/2009

- This is good compass with mirror. - It seems to work fine. - The price is really cheap. Check prices and see. - Built quality seems to be good. - It has a real mirror. It is not a reflective paper. - Cheap, cheap, cheap! - It is just what I was expecting. - For this price, there is no cons. - If you see the pictures, the compass seems to have a reflective ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydesolder on 07/14/2008

This is a mirror compass, not a lensatic compass. I prefer this type since it is more accurate. - The compass body is clear so you can align it with a map underneath. - The compass inclues a built in clinometer, perfect for measuring vertical angles. - A previous compass I bought from DX had a misaligned hinge. This one is perfectly aligned. - You can'... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections