There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect

posted by Hrafnahnef on 11/22/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Keeps your phone in place even on really bumpy roads. The locking device feels robust and secure. The phone can be attached both in landscape and portrait mode. In fact, it can be attached pretty much in any orientation due to the swivel mount. The phone is easily inserted and ejected. The swivel mount is easily attachable to the bike itself, and stays in place.

Cons:

Caution should be taken to verify that the phone is inserted correctly. Unfortunately you can attach the phone both upside-down and correctly. If attached upside down it will pop out and fall to the ground when you start biking. This will probably not be a issue, unless you are in a hurry, as it is visibly rather obvious when you have inserted it incorrectly.

OtherThoughts:

This swivel mount is not the most perfect there can be, but close to it. The only real drawback is the phone itself. On a bright and sunny day, the screen will hardly be visible at all, which will render the swivel mount unusable as the phone itself is unusable. I had to "manufacture" my own sun protection device to shade the screen. A perfect swivel mount would come with such sun screens, but I have never seen that on any other swivel mount -- no matter the price tag. Also, the swivel mount is naturally not ideal for usage in rain, unless you construct your own rain cover.

Bottomline:

I can really recommend this one for people who likes to bike. Perfect usages are for Google Maps Bicycle Navigation, gps speedometer/distance tracking or geocaching.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections