Customer’s impression:
good Useless
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A very good sport camcorder

posted by mailel on 05/27/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Good video quality during daytime even overcast and including dawn and dusk. It captures fast action very good too. Auto exposure is able to select proper EV in high contrast scenes. It takes about 1 second to change to proper exposure from a bright scene to a shadow area. Control is simple but you need to memorize the whole menu in your mind.

Cons:

Night shooting...forget about it! It is very grainy like using ISO 12800 or worse. It tries to keep the white balance though. Indoor gym lighting is barely acceptable. I like the idea of the laser pointer but it is too dim under the sun but work good at night while I am not consider to use this camcorder at all. I found that it may be a firmware issue that the camcorder is not able to do looping. It is called 'record overwrite' in the menu. I tried different sizes and brands of TF cards with no success. My firmware version is R952/20120814. It just gives me a 'card full' when the memory card filled up. Still images are good except the exaggeration of contrast and sharpening.

OtherThoughts:

If enough attachments are provided/purchased to this camera, it can be on par with GoPro (compared with GoPro already) with cheaper price and slimmer body.

Bottomline:

You won't go wrong with this. The price seems lower now too.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections