DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5-inch Aluminum SATA Hard Disk Enclosure (USB 2.0 Port)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byShunra1 on 04/21/2013

Seems pretty reliable (still works after 3 years), looks good, easy to install, comes with a protective 'leather' case, good price not very fast, 'leather' case isn't durable Bought this for reusing my old laptop's HDD as a portable storage device, the installation wasn't a problem and everything worked ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byaikmaster on 03/12/2013

Low price, nice looks and strong built. I like how the led changes from red to green when the drive is reading/ writing. Case is nice and compact and fairly easy to open and close. Cable connections feel nice and sturdy and cable itself is loch enough. Hardly any, but it has no usb3 but that is perfectly ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMarkBR on 01/24/2013

The product cover looks good. It's made of metal and seems to be resistant. This case requires 2 USB connectors in your computer or USB hub. I'm not sure if it's related to the case itself, to the computer you're connecting it into or to the hard drive in the case. There's no foam or any other kind of ... Read more

1 0 1

• posted byninnyP on 01/08/2013

The case is stylish, compact, and a sweet black. The screws are black. The cable is black. There is also a solid silver branding on the front by OMATA. Actually, it just looks really good LOL. It is also easy to fix and use. Simply put your 2.5 SATA hdd into the case, screw it tight, hook up the usbs ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byteroan on 01/05/2013

I bought this to be used specifically with an 128GB SSD harddrive and Wii Homebrew. Both work flawlessly with this unit which is surprise considering how picky Wii is with external USB storage devices. The metal grill design is great for keeping the heat out of the case but it does expose the harddrive ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymkniskanen on 03/05/2012

Pretty well done, well packaged and easy to install. It took less than ten minutes to install the hard disk inside the box and test it. Up and running in less than quarter of an hour. Windows 7 immediately recognized the USB-TO-ATA board, installed the drivers and the disk was ready for use. The tiny ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byLieutenant on 01/14/2012

- Has a nice design. - Feels robust at touch: the metallic casing, the eight screws and the tight fit communicates an unrivaled robustness sensation. - Very very compact: you'll have a hard time in finding smaller enclosures. - The "heat-sink design" lets you look inside the enclosure, which ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byKenSag on 10/03/2011

If you get stuck with a 2.5" HDD this is a great way to go...buy a cheap enclosure on DL :) This one in particular looks very nice. It's very slim and well... it works :) Write & Read speed are OK... not the best but definitely ok for me.. i use this hdd as a TimeMachine backup drive.. so speed ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byasasd on 09/08/2011

I happened to have tho 2,5" sata disks laying around so I bought this enclosures and they are really great! Looks really good and work flawlessly! Great ventilation (My other HDD enclosure in solid alu get WAY hotter) Easy to assemble with the litte screwdriver which is included the box. It works ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byanarky on 05/21/2011

This is a pretty useful (and cheap!) solution for anyone who needs USB access to their 2.5-inch SATA hard drives. Really compact, fairly simple design. The vent holes along the surface provide decent heat dissipation. Also includes an indicator light, which helps provide status of connection at a quick ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections