DX » Community » Reviews » 3*Cree Reflector - Smooth Aluminium (18mm x 50mm)
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by Flav_3 on 09/29/2012

Pros: This reflector fits well in a m@g, but makes the bezel have a gap to the head (especially if upgrading to glass lens). With a dremel or some kind of grinder that can be taken care of fairly easy since this is aluminum and therefore soft. I run this in a shorty mag with the slave boards mod at 3.04A per xml. And I also have 10 acres around... Read more

Impression:;

1 0
  • posted by SvenC on 03/02/2011

Pros: Nicely made piece which fits a mag with a little lathe work. I used 3 x xm-l in series running at 3 amps. Threaded hole in the center was useful for both attaching to the lathe and also attaching the heatsink (not included). Cons: You have to be careful with the coating as it scratches easily. The reflectors are probably really good for x... Read more

0 0
  • posted by 11___ on 03/04/2009

Pros: It's nice reflector to fit 3 crees. I used it with 3 R2 leds. Geometry seems to be just fine as I get one hot spot. Cons: Be very careful about surface of the reflector, I tried to clean it before use with 96% alcohol, and coating washed off so got a bit upseted about it. OtherThoughts: surface could be proteced by some extra coatings or... Read more

0 0
  • posted by electrum on 09/01/2008

Pros: Excellent product. Feels solid as. Definitely 100% aluminium. I drilled out one of the lenses to fit a p7 (9.5mm drill bit). Doing this did not damage the lens, so I am very impressed. Could use the lens as a part of the heatsink if you do it right. Cons: Not enough room for 3x p7 leds with bases. You'll need to remove the bases to get th... Read more

0 0
  • posted by RustyRuss on 07/05/2008

Pros: This reflector has quite a narrow beam. (I didnt try and measure the angle) Far more efficient than DE polycarbonate optics (4x LED). The threaded hole in the back makes mounting to a heatsink very simple, you dont even need to screw the LEDs down, the heatsink provides enough pressure to keep it all together. Cons: Halo present on beam b... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections