Customer’s impression:
good cool Muy bueno Solid Built
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Must-have at any workshop

posted by budavargas on 11/04/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

A great measuring tool. As an electronic engineer (and plastic modelling hobbist), I do a lot of measuring specialy for PCB manufacturing and generating unavailable footprints. This little caliper has both mm/inch measuring scales, so it's very convenient for metric and imperial grids and scales. Seems surdy, well made, comes with an extra battery and a nice package, suitable even as a gift.

Cons:

For my use, its 100mm scale is suficient, but can be short for other uses. It doesn't runs smoothly over its metal body, but it doesn't bothers me. It doesn't have an auto/off option, so remember always to turn it of or the battery will run dry.

OtherThoughts:

It could be nice if it comes with a gearwheel so it can be easily set at an specific length. The auto/off option should be implemented as well. It usefulness is limited to measuring objects, but thats its use, isn't it?

Bottomline:

If you do a lot of small measuring, this item is right for you. I really recomend it and I will buy a couple as a gift. Regards!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections