DX » Community » Reviews » Super Speed 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card (5Gbps)
  • 5 star 10 ( 77% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjimmystanton on 04/02/2014

Does the trick and is achiving USB 3.0 speeds comparable to benchmark 100+ MB/s (http://www.macworld.com/article/2039427/how-fast-is-usb-3-0-really-.html) using 72000 HDD Driver on disk was not readable. However I managed to find a link on DX forums for one of the other boards (2+2 configuration) and with these drivers loaded the card works well. Running ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjousi76 on 12/20/2013

This card is easy to use and it has internal (front panel) header included. Haven't found any weaknesses so far. I bought this for my kids machine, because their motherboard didn't support USB3.0. The machine has Lubuntu linux (13.10) and the card started to work immediately. Didn't even have to install drivers myself. For windows users the drivers ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvampiromindundi on 12/06/2013

Hi speed pci express card. His two usb 3.0 port are expectaculary faster than the old 2.0 (over 5 gb/s). You can add more usb ports buying and expansion ( only 9.95 dollars), and send this additional port to the front of the computer. It is very small and fits very clear inside the tower ( take advice that you will need a free power conector for using ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySamipupu on 11/30/2013

Very easy to install. No drivers needed for Windows 8. Metal part had manufacturing fault and I had to modify it to fit in my pc. One capacitor was damaged in shipping but I was able to fix it. No power cable included! Great product for the price. Could have been better quality and I assume they produce these with very little money. In the Chip it says ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandre034350 on 09/04/2013

Easy to set up and install, no configuration necessary. Achieved maximum speeds with my Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 (~250 MB/s read/150 MB/s write). The CD don't works. However, recognized the driver win7 64 I didn't even try the driver CD based on previous feedbacks. The drivers can be easily found by searching "Via VL800". The last ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypalqo on 05/14/2013

Easy to set up and install, no configuration necessary. Achieved maximum speeds with my Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 (~250 MB/s read/150 MB/s write) I like to have my (windowed) case clean and it adds more cabling. Especially the molex connector has a rather unlucky orientation I didn't even try the driver CD based on previous feedbacks. The drivers ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygaberserk on 05/14/2013

This type of card costs al least twice more, then price of this one is wonderful. Installation is simple: connect in a free PCI-e slot (no matter is x1, x4, x16), connect the 4 pin molex from the power supply unit and the 20 pin motherboard cable if your case have one of this type. In the driver CD there are many useless drivers, only install the folder ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKaptanNemo on 04/15/2013

2 ready-to-use USB3.0 Ports on the backpanel 2 USB3.0 internal Ports via 20Pin Header, which are usable with a Front-USB-Adapter reliable Via VL800 Chipset good build-quality Turbo-Mode via driver utility none so far I already had some USB3.0 PCIe/Expresscard Controllers, but they have the old NEC/Renesas Host-Chip which isn't very reliable. These cards ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeffuca on 04/04/2013

Work as I was expected. In my LInux (OpenSUSE 12.3) worked without any kind of hack or setup. Just pluged and turn it on my Desktop PC, and it worked. The 20 pins connector its a little bit fragille.. Be carefull to plug front USB ports or some kind of dashboard. Plug at the end of installation, becouse I guess it doesnt support many plugs and unplugs.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byFelixDiaz on 03/21/2013

The price; is very cheap It provides a connection for a frontal USB using an adapter. The CD don't works. The driver must be dowloaded using a link from DX forums I conbined this item with this other: http://dx.com/p/mainboard-20-pin-19-pin-to-dual-port-usb-3-0-adapter-cable-40cm-length-127328 Is usefull to get a frontal USB 3.0 connection. Tested with ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections