DX » Community » Reviews » USB FMS Simulator Cable for Futaba and ESky Remote Controllers
  • 5 star 19 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Workable Tx-to-FMS cable

posted by Crafter65 on 01/31/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It works as advertised, and solves the challenge of connecting an R/C transmitter (Tx) to the PC for R/C flight training easily. Tested in WinXP, the cable interface is recognized as a Windows-compatible joystick, no driver installation needed. Tx trainer jack converters for Futaba/Hitec 6-pin DIN, Futaba rectangular, and E-Sky 6pin mini-DIN are included. The FMS program installer and dozens of FMS 'models' are on the included 3" CD.

Cons:

a minor point is that on the Futaba/Hitec 6-pin DIN trainer jack converter, pins 4 and 5 are NOT shorted by default. Shorting these 2 pins effectively turns off the radio transmitter section of the Tx, which is not needed when 'flying' on FMS, and saves a lot of Tx battery power.

OtherThoughts:

This cable has been tested on a Hitec Eclipse7 and Futaba 4EX TXs. It should work fine on most Txs that come with one of the afore-mentioned trainer jack styles, and i believe JR Txs, without using any of the jack converters.
    Do note that the FMS program requires the PC to have some sort of serial port, either real or virtual. This may cause some problems when installing on modern laptops which have done away with the serial port.

Bottomline:

I recommend this product for easily connecting your Tx to the PC when training with FMS. I also recommend mastering flying an R/C plane first on FMS before heading to the field. It will save you tonnes of money and heartache by avoiding all those initial crashes that learning usually entails. I learnt this way, and never crashed my trainer. :>

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections