• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice inexpensive lighter

posted by nashtr on 12/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Like others have posted in their reviews, this is a very nice lighter for the money. Mine is a darker, almost charcoal gray satin finish rather than the silver in the photos, but it looks cool, and I honestly like it better than the silver anyway. The LED light is a nice touch, easy to check the fuel level. Very small and lightweight. The shape makes it easy to find which end is up and open it in the dark. For as small as it is, the build quality is very sturdy, and the finish is very nice.

Cons:

I've only had it a week, but it does look like it might use fuel rather quickly as others have mentioned, due to the small size. But it's easy to refill, and it still doesn't seem to need refilling as often as my old Zippo did. And with the light it's easy to keep an eye on the fuel level, so you won't be caught unaware. Also, the lid is very close to the flame when it's lit, so it can get a little hot, but not so much as to burn you.

OtherThoughts:

The Honest lighters do seem to be very nice quality. I have a couple of them now, this and another model, and I'm very happy with them.

Bottomline:

For the money, it's a great bargain. Small and light enough to take anywhere, well made, for less than 5 dollars.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections