• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Great!
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• For a smart car this is more than good enought to drive your DC motors!

posted by ObiTwice on 06/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-cheap
    -works
    -lots of information on the Internett
    -has a usfull heat sink
    -5 V output

Cons:

-no manual
    -some what poor soldering
    -not very effective, high voltage drop across the controller

OtherThoughts:

I used this motor drive controller for my smart car project. It is a four wheel driven car, but the controller controls to motors in parallel. For my project I originally wanted to use a 4x1.2 V battery pack, but the voltage drop and power loss in the controller was too large to turn the car. I guess it is a combination between power loss in the controller and the weight of the car that is the main reason for this problem. Now I use a 12 v pb battery and it works like a charm. The heat sink gets a bit hot, but not alarmingly hot. So for my set up this was ideal.
    When I first received this product the motor B output did not work. After some debugging I found out that the problem was a bad contact between some of the jumper pins. My board also had a few places of bad soldering, but nothing big. There is a lot of documentation on the internet, so just a quick search will help you on the way to get this controller work with your arduino.

Bottomline:

There is also two ports on the board witch is not very intuitive, if this is your first motor controller. The EN1 and EN2 port. This is for enabling the motor output. If low the motors will not be activated, but if you leave them floating or high the motors will be activated.

• Motor driver installed in a smart car.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections