DX » Community » Reviews » FandyFire UV-S5 CREE XM-L T6 3-Mode 1800lm 3-LED White Flashlight w/ Strap - Yellow (4 x 18650)
  • 5 star 26 ( 81% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 19% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Mind blowingly brilliant, compact, and very high quality

posted by Ruggy on 10/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Extremely well designed.

The four 18650 cells operate in parallel, so there can be no dangerous reverse charging of the cells and also no flickering of the light if the unit gets bumped.

The finish appears to be gold-tone anodized aluminum, with a nice bead-blasted texture to the flashlight body. The protective lens appears to be glass.

This light is MUCH BRIGHTER than my 1400 lumen 24 watt HID light. I truly believe this could be around 3000 lumens. It's absolutely astonishing how much light comes out of this little package, and also how long the batteries last. It's mind blowing.

Press the button once for bright mode, press it again for dim mode (maybe 10% of its full brightness via square wave) and again turns it off. Hold the button for a few seconds to get flashing mode.

It comes in a nice box with a spare O-Ring and a high quality lanyard.

After several minutes it warms a bit, but only moderately and the batteries themselves remain cool.

Cons:

Not a "con" really, but the button is very easy to press and I'll need to get used to the prospect of unleashing so much power with such a light touch. Once, I accidentally turned on flash mode just by holding it wrong. (Yikes!) But that's not a defect, it's my own problem. I just need to get used to it.

OtherThoughts:

The flash mode is extremely disorienting!!! Just a couple seconds of it and I immediately get a huge headache and almost start to wonder what direction is up. Can you imagine doing that to an intruder in your home? It would definitely throw the intruder off balance. It would also definitely signal for help in an emergency, so this would also be great for camping. This is probably my favorite DX purchase to date.

Bottomline:

If you like powerful quality flashlights, you must get this light!

Or if you can even occasionally use something that is lightweight yet shines brighter than a car's headlight, you must get this light!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections