• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Its okay

posted by Glowjob on 06/04/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Its a fairly small lantern for the amount of light it puts out. Runs on 3 AAA batteries (included) which are relativly easy to find and replace. Has 3 modes: High, low, slow strobe. Has a good feel to it from the rubber caps on both ends to the aluminum body.

Cons:

The worst thing about this light is the ugly beam pattern. The reflector where the light shines has a wavy circular pattern which results in a ringy beam pattern. The emitter itself is on a rather large aluminum heat sink but that gets fairly hot fairly fast, so without any part of it exposed to air I'm not sure how good it would be for the LED in the long run. The clip that came with it has a weak plastic S shaped hook to attach it to the lamp. Not very sturdy so I wouldn't trust using it on anything that moves. The LED is also fairly bright so its blinding to look in its direction.

OtherThoughts:

I hated the ringy beam pattern so I coated the inside if it with grade 1 glow in the dark paint. It diffuses the light really well and leaves a cool after glow that lasts for hours. I also attached a mini key ring to the top to replace the plastic hook. Its much more sturdy now!

Bottomline:

For its size it's good, but you might need to make some sort of diffuser so it dosen't blind you or leave rings around the ground.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections