DX » Community » Reviews » Universal 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
  • 5 star 14 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byradicalzero on 04/09/2014

Works perfectly for adding a second HDD in the BD bay on an Asus N53SV laptop. Has a nice blue stand by led and it turns red when there is disk activity (Although the blue one doesn't ever turn off). The included screw driver coms in handy. When you attach the front panel of the optical drive to the HDD case it does get loose easily. I had to tape it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydragongbr on 11/21/2013

Fits perfectly Dell Inspirion 15R Special Edition (7520). Easy to install. The 4 screws keeps the HDD in place without move, even if you just use 2 screws. Didn't come with the soft part do put between the HDD and the case. The screwdriver that came with the Caddy is not good, I advise you get another screwdriver to guarantee. Worth the price, not expensive ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrares443 on 09/17/2013

It fits perfect in the DVD-RW Slot. You have 4 side screws, and another 4 to fix the HDD very good. You have to take out the front panel from the DVD if you don't want to looks a little bit worse. The acces time is very fast, only at the first acces it's a 1 sec delay but it's not a con after my thought. My product didn't come with a plastic or something ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyaguiz on 08/05/2013

fit perfect in blueray bay on notebook samsung NP550P5C, led activity is red and produces a great effect with the hole that had in the front (was blue), the faceplate fit perfect too! I put the disc inside (HDD seagate/samsung ST1000LM024) runs smooth, no problem with the speed or transfer. Build quality is adequate for the price that have. none Not ... Read more

packaging is sufficient protective blister finish! remains unnoticed after its installation
    0 0
  • posted byegocentrico on 05/15/2013

The faceplate is removable and easy to change from your laptop but it seems to be difficult to remove the faceplate again. It has the screws included. It fits perfectly. Maybe if you have to change the faceplate again it is going to be difficult and maybe you have to disassembly the whole unit to do it but until then it is a very good item and it works.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJackyrod on 04/18/2013

A very good price/quality ratio for this useful caddy. I added a second HDD on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Just unscruwed the 4 integrated screws on the caddy self and inserted my second HDD, screwed in back. Plug and play (had to reboot my computer, however). I give a five stars for the overall rating. I just installed it, so I don't have any cons ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byabsinthertp on 03/14/2013

Super cheap, it works as well as the more expensive one you can buy on ebay or in-store locally. The good point is that it is exactly the same thing! It is well built, it has the status led builted in, which is a good feature. None at all, I cannot think of a con or a bad point for this product, except maybe the fact that it could have been even cheaper,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byolegplaza on 03/09/2013

Excellent build quality, complete the 4 screws for fixing HDD. The metal parts are covered with a protective film, which is easily removed prior to installation. In Notebook HP Pavilion g6 went perfectly, the front panel of the DVD drive also went perfectly. When the laptop is on the blue LED lights up, and when reading / writing HDD LED flashes. No ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byasemerdjiev on 01/25/2013

I bought two of these cases. Both were of good quality. I used them to install HDDs in the place of the optical drive of a laptop, but they should also fit a SSD drive. The HDD fits nicely in the case. The packaging also includes some screws and a small plastic bracket. After you plug the HDD to the SATA connector, you can put this bracket in front ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byreff on 01/16/2013

Nice plactic blister package, anti-scratch protective film for the device which is easy to remove... Fits perfectly and functions well. Great build quality and affordable price. All 4 screws fit my SSD like a charm! Lightning read-write speed (no difference between "caddy" and "no-caddy" installations). It's fine for SSD. For some ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections