Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good quality, fits correctly and works :-)

posted by asemerdjiev on 01/25/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I bought two of these cases. Both were of good quality. I used them to install HDDs in the place of the optical drive of a laptop, but they should also fit a SSD drive.

The HDD fits nicely in the case. The packaging also includes some screws and a small plastic bracket. After you plug the HDD to the SATA connector, you can put this bracket in front of it (just between the drive and the front of the case). This helps to prevent the drive from detaching from the SATA connector.

Typically, when you remove the optical drive from the laptop, you also have to remove its front panel. After that you attach the front panel to the HDD case. The front panel of the optical drives, that I removed, fitted the HDD case well.

Cons:

When you attach the front panel of the optical drive to the HDD case there are no problems. However, if you later decide to remove it from the HDD case, you will find out that it does not come out easily. I had to disassemble the HDD case in order to remove it. It is not such a huge problem, however, as the box can be disassembled rather quickly.

OtherThoughts:

It may not be easy to spot those on the photos, but the package also includes 6 screws. 4 of them are typical screws that are used to attach a 2.5'' disk. Those I didn't use. However, there are also 2 other screws with slim heads, which are used to better attach the HDD/SSD to the case. For this purpose there are two holes on the bottom of the case (you can see them on the second photo). When installing the drive you will have to use exactly those two screws, because the heads of the others are too large and may prevent the case from fitting in the laptop. Also, don't forget the bracket, which prevents the HDD from detaching.

Bottomline:

I think that the cases are nice and I have already ordered a third one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections