There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Surpasses all my expectations

posted by baccilus on 11/14/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

1. The GPS receiver in this seems pretty strong. On the first use it takes about a minute to lock on to the satellites but on subsequent use it is faster. It has never lost the satellites on being used.
    2. It seems pretty customizable. I can customize upto 5 pages and decide how many fields I want in which page and which ones. I can do all this either from the device itself or on the computer and transfer the setting to the device.
    3. It has barometer and a compass built in which really adds to the accuracy of the GPS.
    4. It even has an actual temperature probe which can tell you the real time temperature. Useful for people who log temperature too on their workout diary.
    5. The build quality seems very good. There are no shiny cheap plastic things on this thing..
    6. I like the auto pause feature. It stops the timer as soon as it detects that you are stationary (through the speed sensor). It auto resumes when I start. It auto resumes even if I paused manually.

Cons:

1. I wish the wrist strap was available with this product so that it would have been easier to use for running too. I use it for running anyways, I carry it like I use to carry my phone earlier when using runtastic or strava.

2. I need it to work with Linux which it currently doesn't do. They have promised to support linux soon but I am waiting eagerly.

OtherThoughts:

This is the first time I have bought anything from dx.com and I am really satisfied with their service. I contacted the support multiple times when I got impatient on live chat and they were always understanding and courteous. I was told I will get my stuff withing 3-6 weeks including domestic shipping in India and I got it in around 22 days.

Bottomline:

There are no down sides to buying this product. You get excellent quality at an unbeatable price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections