• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Comes with all you need, works GREAT! Lots of attention!

posted by aphinity on 05/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A great kit that comes with everything you need, parts and tools, to do a full screen and back plate swap. I had a broken screen and this replaced the front glass, LCD, back plate, and the home button (yes, it comes with the home button plastic too, but not the connector.. this has to be re-used from your existing one). Screen is every bit as good as the original and touch screen is just as sensitive.

Cons:

A very small amount of visible light can be seen in the dark at the very top edge of the screen close to the speaker. I only noticed by chance. I barely see it. Also, the writing on the back is slightly off centre, but looks authentic otherwise. Shipping took over 3 months.. yes.. 3 months.. with rush shipping. It took 2 months to be told the red one I ordered was not in stock and that this one was. I like the orange though :)

OtherThoughts:

It would be nice if it came with instructions for the screen swap. I had to look online, but there are a ton of examples, so you really don't have to look very hard. This is NOT any easy job and requires COMPLETE disassembly of the phone. DO NOT DO THIS if you do not have experience. You WILL break cables if you are not VERY careful! I suggest ordering an extra headphone jack/volume button cable and home button connector JUST IN CASE you break them.

Bottomline:

If you want to add a unique look to your phone, this is not an easy way to do it, but a very very good way! It looks genuine in every way, and functionally, works just as well! I just wish different colours were more readily available!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections