Customer’s impression:
Excelente wow! Bueno y barato. good manufacturing 1°C precision
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Only for playing

posted by BadAngel on 06/19/2012
    9 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

For this price you get a funny digital sensor. Copy and paste the code found on the internet, and you will get a serial or USB temperature and humidity sensor.
    Connect your arduino to a raspberry pi, make it send the results through SNMP and your cacti server will be able to monitor humidity and temperature in your room :)
    => only 4 hours of work to make it working !

Cons:

After the firsts moments being excited, I noticed two major problems:
    - temperature and humidity are ALWAYS integer numbers: it's not really a problem for humidity, but temperature is not enough precise. I used to work with LM35Z sensors and Dallas DS1820: those were so precise that I was able to see if someone entered the room, or if a computer was left working.
    - temperature is really not accurate: I was surprised to have "24°C" in my computer room (15 cores in 6 square meters ...), instead of 27°C. I verified with 4 different thermometers: all were agree on 27°C !

On the other side the humidity sensor is really funny, and looks accurate (I do not have any way to check its accurancy).

OtherThoughts:

I insist: you should only consider the "humidity" part of this sensor, as LM35Z and DS1820 are REALLY more accurate (0.01°C to 0.1°C).
    By the way it's the cheapest humidity sensor I ever found for the moment, and this point should be considered.

Bottomline:

I bought this sensor to prototype an SNMP sensor an arduino and a Raspberry PI: I was able to validate the process in 4 hours: from the sensor wiring to the cacti configuration.

• DHT11 to Cacti schema

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections