• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
wow! good manufacturing Bueno y barato. 1°C precision take care how to connect
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cheap sensor, great bang for the buck

posted by KyleS on 07/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's mounted to a PCB, has a pull-up resistor. This means less wear-and-tear on the sensor if you move it between projects, and the pull-up means no hunting for the right resistor (OK, that part doesn't take much hunting, but still).

Cons:

The sensor on here is known to be slow & low accuracy, so it's intended for data-loggers and the like.

There are no specs provided, the build quality is iffy. The first one I got was shorted out, so it just got hot and my computer turned off the USB port to save itself. But, like always, DX replaced it for me with a minimum of fuss.

OtherThoughts:

This is a DHT11 sensor, you can find lots of tutorials online. If you google for adafruit dht11, you'll find a good tutorial with code for using these on arduino.

It's mentioned in the comments, but I'll put it here in case it helps anyone:
    The left pin is signal (There is a silk-screened S on the board next to it)
    The middle pin is power.
    The right pin is ground (There is a silk-screened - on the board next to it)

Bottomline:

If you want to play with a temperature or humidity sensor that doesn't need rapid-read times, this is perfect.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections