DX » Community » Reviews » 16 x 2 Character LCD Display Module with Blue Backlight
  • 5 star 28 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 19% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bykyoDE on 05/16/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very cheap! I bought four and based on build quality I am now 99% confident that if I buy one it will work. VeryNice for low-cost projects and testing model-prototype project. Cons:Have to use back-light to see text. Need to turn contrast high to see text nice... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadamp237 on 05/13/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good quality screen with a powerful visually appealing backlight. Works with arduino, all that is needed is a resistor and a potentiometer. Cons:No pins, only holes so it needs soldering. This is not particularly difficult just time consuming. Amost every other device I'v... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAPJH92 on 04/07/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This little lcd module is working fine. It is a standart product (HD44780 compatible) it is so really easy to make it work with your arduino or any other microcontroller ... you can easily find standart drivers on internet, so you just have to plug it. There is a nice b... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCuyopc on 03/02/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The use is simple, and it works as it should work. Is excellent for projects and very useful. Basically, it works like most of the LCD displays. It has 16x2 characters. The controller is the most common, Hitachi hd44780, and it works good. It has a good light, very good... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjthatcher on 02/21/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:While a lot of the classic 16 x 2 HD44780 displays are quite pricey on some other websites, this display is certainly value for money. It's compatible with Arduino, or any board or product that can be used with a HD44780 display. It has a good backlight and is... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrkrupp on 01/31/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Nice display. Good brightness and contrast, adjustable constrast to a confortable angle of view. Good white characters on a nice pale blue backgroud. Paralell interface requires a little more effort, but it was expected. Cons:Not so fast. You can note the pixels turning o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybigjack65 on 01/30/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This unit is very cheap, especially respect to local stores. Has a very beautiful Blu display, not too fast but it isn't a trouble. Viewing angle is not so wide but again it's enough for any project. Backligth is very strong, even too much for use in a dark en... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVoyagerscout on 01/25/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Does what it is supposed to do. Can handle a slight bit of overvoltage! Good bright screen, nice contrast. So much cheaper than normal store prices. (e.g. here where I live, the store price is 14 dollars!) Cons:The contact points are not good. You will need to... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysakobatoneko on 12/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works nicely with arduino uno. All you have to do is plug it in and use the liquid crystal examples that come with the arduino. The Hello World sketch has the instruction on how to connect the screen Cons:My screen came with a small hole on the screen. You need to sold... Read more

0 0
  • posted byWelthon on 12/19/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Melhor preço que encontrei. Funciona perfeitamente e ligação com o Arduino não é difícil, pois há muitos tutoriais. Funciona com a biblioteca de LCD para Arduino. A luz de fundo é azul e é possível regular o co... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections