DX » Community » Reviews » Massa Camera Lens Hood (for 58mm Diameter Lens)
  • 5 star 8 ( 42% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 53% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTONIOBOARD on 05/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It much cheaper then other brands that costs 4 times as much. That lens hood feels very great, is made out of hard plastic that is very durable. It fits my lens very well. The build quality is very good to be this cheap. Very easy to attach to your lens. It re... Read more

0 0
  • posted byalfafenixmx on 02/09/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Performs the function of removing excess light High performance cost - benefit with the Canon Power Shot IS% Lightweight and ergonomic Cons:The notch mold it costs some work The manufacturing material is plastic Recomenrdable only for days with high illumination... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvirubro on 07/05/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Compact Strong Easy mountable Cheap Nice fit Easy rotatable ring for a perfect fit. Cons:Lens Cap had to much room Not Reversible mountable Had some imperfections OtherThoughts:Dont buy it for lenses with a 18mm or lower range only for 30mm and above. Otherwise you see... Read more

0 0
  • Ok
    posted bynelitow on 04/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Does what it's supposed to do. Cheap. Plastic is ok. Protect your lens in a different way that a filter does, plus don't affect image quality in a bad way. Cons:When using with a kit lens like a 18-55mm, on the widest ranges (near 18mm), depending on the focus... Read more

2 0
  • posted byJenTri on 07/14/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- It's a lot cheaper then the ones you buy in the store - It does what it's suposed to do Cons:- You can see the hood when completely zoomed out - You have to screw it onto your lens - The lens cap falls off OtherThoughts:If I could turn back in time, I would've... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymanen6 on 04/01/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's a lot cheaper then the real ones from canon, which is always welcome! It gives you, and your camera, that "pro-look". It prevents sun flare from getting in you're shots, which can be annoying. Cons:The biggest problem I have with this lens hood is that when it's put... Read more

1 0
  • posted byfichino on 03/25/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Prevents flair from showing within the picture Gives a 'professional' look to the camera Cons:If zoom is full out, the hood shows up in the picture It should have a way to better fix the lens cap in it (perhaps if it had an outer screw mark, it would fix the c... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybestenemy on 01/31/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Blocks flare, like it's supposed to. Ideal for long lenses. Highly recommend getting it as an addition to a polarizing filter (CPL). Cons:Plastic thread is very weak and easy to strip. The tightening screw could use a tiny bit of lubrication. It's a bit loose - enough to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFeenx on 06/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Its a Cheap and solid product - It Does the trick and looks good on the cam. You look more professionnal. - The plastic feels solid and not cheap. Cons:- IMO a Lense hood that installs over the whole lense instead of screwing in the lense or filter. - This t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydocontra on 02/12/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a great lens hood. I think it does what it supposed to do and helps to protect your lens from straches. It fits perfect all my 58mm lens. It has a nice built quality, looks exactly like the expensive ones. It feels very durable. And it gave my lens a "profession... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections