DX » Community » Reviews » 5V 3.2" LCD12864 Screen Module with Backlit (Yellow & Green Screen/English Word Stock)
  • 5 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
almost burnt my arduino and usb port with it
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLzingano on 08/23/2014

Pros: Very cheap, and decent product. Clear image, and fun to use Cons:one of the pins, number 15, PSB is there to set it to serial or paralel mode. The LCD I received was making my arduino flicker while conected to serial, and I have found in some website (http://mssystems.emscom.net/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=56&rated=1) that some of these ... Read more

Impression:almost burnt my arduino and usb port with it;

0 0
  • posted bykicune on 06/22/2014

Price, obviously. Very decent, given the capabilities of the display. The display has contrast pot soldered in and it's very nice for the prototyping work. It's quite bulky, though, so I will use it mostly to test my code before moving to slimmer/smaller display for the final product. The piece I received was hard-soldered into paralel mode by shorting ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDutnn on 06/05/2013

Great build quality and works great and easy when you know the controller is a "ST7920". I used it for my energy node to display the values from my wireless sensor nodes. SPI (serial) worked great, on the internet there is a lot of information about this product! The only problem I had is that the screen should run on 3.3 volt (between 2,7... Read more

4 0
  • posted bybajkerbgd on 04/29/2013

This is cheapest GLCD that i found. Product is missing datasheet. There is no clear mart witch display chip or interface is used. Mine just have mark 12864B which is not very helpful. After lot of time wasted this is ST7920. Wiring for 5V supply is here http://renoirsrants.blogspot.com/2013/02/hello-world.html. You can use u8glib to make 'hello world'... Read more

1 0
  • posted bybeemeeup on 02/26/2013

With help of the very helpful Tipps in the DX Forum for this product it was very easy to set up and run it using the U8glib for Arduino. none so far I will get another one on next order. Maybe I need to create a shield to make it even simplier to use. Easy to use product with perfect result for my needs. Good to handle with an Arduino UNO in SPI mode.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byRenoir on 02/12/2013

Very nice clear display. Nice blue backlight, and relatively easy to get going with some tips. Ideal for my small project and seems like it is solidly built. No instructions, so novices would need some help to get going - not quite a plug and play, but fairly close. Using some google-fu, I tracked down the library and connections that made it work: ... Read more

Hello World (running from arduino nano pro)
    2 0
  • posted bySeb26g on 12/30/2012

- VERY VERY VERY VERY CHEAP (the cheapest GLCD screen I ever saw) - working fine for more than 5 months without any problem, - adjustable screen brightness , - powerful blue/white contrast, - totally compatible with Arduino (even Arduino nano) - connects through SPI interface = needs only 3 connectors (+VCC, GND, brightness, etc.) - easy to use with ... Read more

3 2
  • posted byndshomebrew on 11/26/2012

Good clear screen Pindiscription at the pins Verry fast screen Good and nice blue backlight Strong Good soldering pads. They are verry strong none its just a great screen Verry good and fast screen what looks verry nice. The housing is also verry good. The print looks good en is also verry strong. The pads on the print are already resolderd 6 times ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybmilne81 on 11/21/2012

Very easy to use in I2C Screen quality is excellent Construction is very good Can't find a good explanation of how to use it in 8 bit parallel mode, so I don't know how fast the refresh rate is and thus I can't really determine how well it would function for heavy graphic displays. Other than that it's absolutely perfect. Mine arrived as white pixels ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byslePP on 10/15/2012

This display can operate in SPI mode, which is a huge benefit when you need the fewest pin count. The backlight is nice and bright and the contrast is adjustable on the back with a pot. Works out of the box with Arduino u8glib. The backlight needs to be wired separately from the display inputs, and there seems to be no documentation on the current or ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections