DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
  • 5 star 34 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 13 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byrusfruit on 07/06/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:+Price +Quality +All fits perfect +Easy to use Cons:-lack of side-cover -one or two screw are missing OtherThoughts:Fast delivery to Poland, good quality, all elements fits perefectly for Dell E5510. Easy to use: just remove your DVD/CD rom and put there this... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfozzzzz on 06/28/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It is over for CD-s, DVD-s, etc. You can change an old DVD from your laptop to a secondary hard drive. You can put the plastic cover from the optical drive to the caddy so it will look like nothing changed. Cons:It fits tightly in my laptop so it is a bit hard to get it o... Read more

Put lid and thingy from the back to the caddy. Had to push as the arrows show without the screw.
    0 0
  • posted byklaudiof on 05/25/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Excellent product, it fits perfectly, all measurements are standard. It is easy to use, just aparfusar thread adapter on the disk, put the spacer and is ready to be installed on laptop Cons:I find no fault in this article, completely performs the function for which it w... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTCSpo0on on 05/14/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:it's cheep, and it works. i needed more storage on my laptop, since i swapped the hard-drive with an SSD. Since i never use my CD-Rom this was a great option. Cons:It does not have the "flap" to be securely shrewd in place like my cd-rom does. so it will somet... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLieuwke on 04/29/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The best pro on this product is just the low price on it. It does the job as expected and fits my optical bay like a glove. Just perfect for keeping my conventional HDD for storage and install a SSD to put my OS on to gain some speed. I reused the front of my... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarkomas on 04/15/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It works perfectly, speed are good. I didn't test with ssd, but with simple old hdd i get ~50MB/s It fits perfectly for Asus X53, i also i had do borrow some additional holding parts from my old cdrom. Now it looks like ordinary cdrom. Cons:No cons:) OtherThou... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZeroDivide on 04/05/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Everything as in description, works fine, tested connection speed - same as primary. Has screws included for HDD mounting (4 screws and two holes on the bottom - interesting concept), fits fine in 12.7mm slot. I had no problem installing it Cons:Could have &qu... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylalu93pl on 02/22/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- cheap - useful - works Cons:- not recommended for SSD, max read speed is ca. 256 MB/s instead of 600 MB/s (Samsung EVO 840) - too small holes for screws - not-the-best overall quality of product OtherThoughts:- works well with Acer Aspire V3-571G Bottomline:It... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywizake on 02/13/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Fits perfectly in my Asus N53SM laptop. Now my old HDD sits in the caddy while my new EVO SSD sits in the HDD bay. The plastic cover from my DVD unit fits nicely on the caddy and you can't tell it's not a real DVD unit there. Cons:The DVD unit is attached using... Read more

0 1
  • posted byuros13 on 01/29/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- this is my second time that buying this product (reason I need two caddy) - metal case - it is easy to install - description match to that on DX site - my recommendations Cons:- like before I think this is to expensive for this kind of product, but again I c... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections