DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
Customer’s impression:
bad handy Good Fit
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by8738710 on 11/22/2014

I used this product to replace my Dell 15R DVD drive with another hard drive. Since I haven't used the DVD drive for a year, this replacement has been very useful. Now I can enjoy more drive capacity. It was a little hard to get the faceplate (the outer part of the DVD drive) out and plug it to this ... Read more

Impression:handy;

0 0 0

• posted bycristhian422 on 11/20/2014

Pros:i used in asus k52jt and wok great, very easy to install and very easy to quit. Very cheap, the delivery was 1 monh to Colombia. Very strong, and Very useful. Contras: the time of delivery is very very very big Read more

Impression:Good Fit;

0 0 0

• posted bydukam on 11/14/2014

Very handy gadget. Perfectly fit on my Dell XPS, the visualchange is imperceptile no troubles for OS recognition. Read more

Impression:handy,Good Fit;

0 0 0

• posted byszilardszivnyuk on 11/11/2014

Unfortunately the gadget I received is faulty or at least it is not compatible with my ThinkPad T430, have bout a new caddy from a local dealer and it`s working as according. More the less i thing the unit is faulty. I recommend not to buy the cheapest version. Pay 3 $ more but at least you get a working ... Read more

Impression:bad;

0 0 0

• posted byrusfruit on 07/06/2014

+Price +Quality +All fits perfect +Easy to use -lack of side-cover -one or two screw are missing Fast delivery to Poland, good quality, all elements fits perefectly for Dell E5510. Easy to use: just remove your DVD/CD rom and put there this HDD caddy with HDD. I've replaced my HDD with SDD drive and ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byfozzzzz on 06/28/2014

It is over for CD-s, DVD-s, etc. You can change an old DVD from your laptop to a secondary hard drive. You can put the plastic cover from the optical drive to the caddy so it will look like nothing changed. It fits tightly in my laptop so it is a bit hard to get it out. However I do not want to get it ... Read more

Put lid and thingy from the back to the caddy. Had to push as the arrows show without the screw.

0 0 2

• posted byklaudiof on 05/25/2014

Excellent product, it fits perfectly, all measurements are standard. It is easy to use, just aparfusar thread adapter on the disk, put the spacer and is ready to be installed on laptop I find no fault in this article, completely performs the function for which it was designed. Maybe you should bring ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byTCSpo0on on 05/14/2014

it's cheep, and it works. i needed more storage on my laptop, since i swapped the hard-drive with an SSD. Since i never use my CD-Rom this was a great option. It does not have the "flap" to be securely shrewd in place like my cd-rom does. so it will sometimes slide out of place. (mostly when ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byLieuwke on 04/29/2014

The best pro on this product is just the low price on it. It does the job as expected and fits my optical bay like a glove. Just perfect for keeping my conventional HDD for storage and install a SSD to put my OS on to gain some speed. I reused the front of my original optical drive so it integrates just ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymarkomas on 04/15/2014

It works perfectly, speed are good. I didn't test with ssd, but with simple old hdd i get ~50MB/s It fits perfectly for Asus X53, i also i had do borrow some additional holding parts from my old cdrom. Now it looks like ordinary cdrom. No cons:) It's good if you you want to upgrade your laptop. If you ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections