DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
Customer’s impression:
good nice perfect Useful bad
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysuchardo on 01/13/2016

Easy to install and can be equipped with 12.5 mm harddrive. Cons : mine came without face plate and taht outer plastic on the case, so I had to remove it from my optical drive. That renders my DVD drive unusable now and no way easy swap if needed. :(

Impression:nice;

0 0 0

• posted byricardovera87 on 01/08/2016

Pros: Funciona muy bien en mi Lenovo Z470, encajó perfectamente y trae todo lo necesario para su correcta instalación. Cons: Ninguna en realidad. Muy útil para instalar un segundo disco duro en un notebook y como en mi caso colocar un ssd principalmente y en caddy un disco duro normal para datos,... Read more

Impression:perfect;

0 0 0

• posted byxiaohundan on 12/22/2015

The caddy came nicely packed with face plate and a crosshead screw driver. Installing the ssd into the caddy, then replacing optical drive with caddy was easy and straighf forward. The caddy feel pretty solid, the ssd is secured with 2 headless screws on both sides. I would totoally recommend... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byGayGirlie on 12/17/2015

Comes with a small (crappy) screwdriver and internal screws for securing a disk to the caddy. Feels sturdy enough, didn't have any issues fitting this thing in multiple laptops nor did I have any issues with the disks attached to this.

Impression:Good value;

0 0 0

• posted bymaxmanu on 12/15/2015

Nice notebook part to convert your dvd unit to a SSD or HD disk. Take care with the measures this model is for 12mm.

Nice notebook part Nice notebook part

Impression:good,perfect,nice;

0 0 0

• posted byeidvictor on 12/10/2015

Pros: Fits perfectly with my CD-ROM front panel of my Dell (universal fit). High speed file transfers, better than using external HDD enclosures. No mods needed. Have a discrete blue LED. Cons: none.

Better than external USB Better than external USB

0 0 0

• posted byBigue on 11/03/2015

Pros: fácil de montar, muito bom. *chegou com um amassado, logo foi danificado durante a viagem de entrega.

0 0 0

• posted by9729298 on 10/31/2015

At first sight seems like works quite well. I do have SATA2 interface and seems like there are no bugs or so. Pros: fitted well to my laptop and dvd-rom cap fitted well also, and 2 ssd are always better Cons: adds some weight to laptop (not too much)

Impression:good,OK,nice;

0 0 0

• posted byKUR0S4K1 on 10/22/2015

Very good, just take to arrive.

Impression:perfect,nice;

0 0 0

• posted bymidolinho on 10/19/2015

This little and cheap part can totally renew your old laptop. Place ssd hdd in caddy instead cd/dvd-rom who now-days nobody use anyway. Great product I've ben looking for this for a long time.

0 0 0

DX Everywhere