DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
  • 5 star 30 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good product

posted by gminoue on 06/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good price, excelente solution for expand storage.

Cons:

I need to use the mount bracket from original DVD drive and the screw don't fit very well. Difficult to take it out after installed. There are two places for screw fixing the drive in to the unit but just one of then has a role. Cutting the plastic you can use the two screw.

OtherThoughts:

My primary drive is a 64 GB SSD. I'm using dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7, both 64 bit. The boot time for Ubuntu is about 5 seconds and 10 for Windows. I thought that using a secondary hard disk drive on my system would delay the boot time, but I didn't notice it. The HDD is a Seagate 7200 RPM 750 GB. Using a 300 GB partition for D drive on Windows and the other space for home mount on Ubuntu. Came with 4 screw, but you won't use all of then.

Bottomline:

For the price and usefulness it's a great deal. Buy it if you need extra storage on your laptop. Pay attention for the thickness and laptop connection, there are other models at DX that fits your need.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections