DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to IDE HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
  • 5 star 8 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTheMikLad on 08/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Fits my laptop (old Acer 2920Z) perfectly. Screws included to secure SSD in caddy, plus a plastic bumper also to ensure it won't move. Cons:None (apart from slightly difficult to remove), but plan to keep installed so not an issue :) OtherThoughts:After purchasi... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydragomang87 on 07/23/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- works - fits even 7mm slim hard drives - the hard drive fits really good, there is nearly no moving or shacking parts Cons:Cheap (as it is, but i knew i was buying a cheap item) build quality: - the metal bends easily - the front bezel of my old DVD wouldn't fit caddy (... Read more

1 0
  • posted bypcmihnea on 05/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Unfortunately, after serving me for more than 8 years, my Fujitsu-Siemens S7010's IDE HDD finnaly cracked. There were many solution to my problem: IDE to SD-card, IDE to CF-card, SDD, USB flash, etc. But by far the ceapest (for me) was this: a SATA caddy! By cha... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysmotleycrew on 04/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This replaces PATA interface CD\DVD Rom with SATA hard disk. Useful to use cheaper in nowadays SATA HDDs(including SSDs) to provide storage for older laptops. Great build. Came a bit twisted from mail delivery. Overall no problems with installation and recognizi... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandreiani on 03/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Best investment I've made for my laptop so far. It fits perfectly in my Toshiba A200. I have a 160 GB HDD that I'm using with it, but I'm sure that it supports larger drives. I was afraid that it might not fit, but the laptop has two flexible metal brackets in... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJohan7 on 02/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works perfectly, no maintenance needed. It fits perfectly, all screws and hatches fits from the beginning. And you can't notice any difference on the outside of your notebook. Cons:No cons found. OtherThoughts:If you are buying this for you SSD drive take in t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysanya975 on 12/30/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap, easy way to upgrade with a fast SATA SSD/HDD your old-fashioned (equipped with PATA/IDE drives) laptop computer. SATA/PATA converter is onboard and native, so just plug it in to the ODD bay and use. Cons:This way you can't use your ODD, not really a con... Read more

0 0
  • posted byumka_kras on 08/21/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Used in my notebook to add SSD and additional HDD. Cons:In my notebook I use linux gentoo, after some time using I need more space and more performance, and my DVD was broken and removed. I use it to add some functionality to my notebook. It is add more speed to my note... Read more

0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections