DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to IDE HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
  • 5 star 8 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTheMikLad on 08/29/2013

Fits my laptop (old Acer 2920Z) perfectly. Screws included to secure SSD in caddy, plus a plastic bumper also to ensure it won't move. None (apart from slightly difficult to remove), but plan to keep installed so not an issue :) After purchasing an SSD this is a cheap and effective way to add more storage to your laptop. No optical drive bezel included ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydragomang87 on 07/23/2013

- works - fits even 7mm slim hard drives - the hard drive fits really good, there is nearly no moving or shacking parts Cheap (as it is, but i knew i was buying a cheap item) build quality: - the metal bends easily - the front bezel of my old DVD wouldn't fit caddy (esthetic issue) - easily dismountable, but you need to ruin a sticker to get to a screw ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bypcmihnea on 05/15/2013

Unfortunately, after serving me for more than 8 years, my Fujitsu-Siemens S7010's IDE HDD finnaly cracked. There were many solution to my problem: IDE to SD-card, IDE to CF-card, SDD, USB flash, etc. But by far the ceapest (for me) was this: a SATA caddy! By chance I had a SATA HDD to spare, while a IDE one is very hard (and expensive!) to buy. It uses ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysmotleycrew on 04/28/2013

This replaces PATA interface CD\DVD Rom with SATA hard disk. Useful to use cheaper in nowadays SATA HDDs(including SSDs) to provide storage for older laptops. Great build. Came a bit twisted from mail delivery. Overall no problems with installation and recognizing by the system bios and OS. Hard to pull out, when needed for removal. Had to construct ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandreiani on 03/27/2013

Best investment I've made for my laptop so far. It fits perfectly in my Toshiba A200. I have a 160 GB HDD that I'm using with it, but I'm sure that it supports larger drives. I was afraid that it might not fit, but the laptop has two flexible metal brackets inside that pres son the DVD-RW/Caddy so that it sits tightly inside. No cons whatsoever. At ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJohan7 on 02/13/2013

Works perfectly, no maintenance needed. It fits perfectly, all screws and hatches fits from the beginning. And you can't notice any difference on the outside of your notebook. No cons found. If you are buying this for you SSD drive take in to account that basically this caddy have ATA speed (as your computer port) so it is slow and you gain nothing.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysanya975 on 12/30/2012

Cheap, easy way to upgrade with a fast SATA SSD/HDD your old-fashioned (equipped with PATA/IDE drives) laptop computer. SATA/PATA converter is onboard and native, so just plug it in to the ODD bay and use. This way you can't use your ODD, not really a cons if you don't need it. My sister's old computer was speeded up with a SATA SSD with this gadget,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byumka_kras on 08/21/2012

Used in my notebook to add SSD and additional HDD. In my notebook I use linux gentoo, after some time using I need more space and more performance, and my DVD was broken and removed. I use it to add some functionality to my notebook. It is add more speed to my notebook in code development. Also it can be usefull if you need to test some old hdd, repair ... Read more

0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections