Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Feels expensive, but there's a but...

posted by joaopayne on 08/25/2012
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

If you search on the manufacter's official website wich is Elementcase, this piece of aluminum they call bumper costs US$79,99 wich is crazy. this one have the (I can 95% assure) EXACT structure and function of the original one for 80% off the price. I didn't think twice in buying this one. it kicks the Apple's original bumper's ass quite badly. it calls attention especially because of the back carbon sticker. it has a glossy finish above the carbon fiber making it looks like REAL carbon fiber.

Cons:

after a couple of days, i was so excited about it that I didn't realized a detail: it affects the cellular antenna. negative. you can't have more than 3/5 bars while using this bumper. It made me feel a bit sad but i'm still confident about the design and still using it.

OtherThoughts:

I'm not sure that the original Vapor case have this same antenna issue as this generic model. maybe it's the already well known crap brazilian carrier (Tim) that is envolved on the antenna issue. but I might be wrong.

Bottomline:

If I was you, I would think twice before buying it. google about this issue.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections