DX » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Fire Sparkle and Blade Cutter Tool
  • 5 star 151 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 65 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 9 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKwabbernoo on 07/08/2014

Feels sturdy and secure while handling. Has a good grip and the striker feels ok. Great value/price rating. Easy to use like any other. The string keeps it together, but that's it. Replace it with a more secure line. You need these two parts together. Although a knife could do as well. I'am not really sure about if it is long-lasting durable. Especially ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysybje on 06/20/2014

It is easy to use. It is cheap, but the product doesn't look and feels like cheap Sollide, feels ferm It has a nice grip, even when it is wet The thing to stroke the firesteel isn't that great. I use the back of my knife and that works perfect. Beside of that i cant find any cons of the fire steel. I used this thing for a few months now and every time ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyalchinosis on 06/09/2014

It works well and the price is good. Handle is solid and doesn't allow the fire stick move. Good for camping. You can lit up paper or tinder with this. You can add this item to your survival kit. I can't find any cons. Don't try at home without secure your environment. You can accidently lit up your curtains or carpets so you can cause a fire. Not have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byparusantalya on 06/03/2014

I've searched for many other item before i met this simple one at DX site. Too many good reviews encouraged me to buy. I'm not an expert on the subject but after unpacking I've tried a few times and every thing seems normal. The string is quite lousy but It's not a problem. The shipping to Turkey took about a month. It's very nice for camping but you ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byItAxer on 04/03/2014

Gives hot and big sparkles. High build quality. Easy to use. Doesn't feel cheap. Doesn't require any experience to use it. Cutting blade could be a little harder because it tends to bend. This product could come with a small pouch but it is not necessary. You can attach it to your backpack as it comes with a string attached to it. Really great product!... Read more

0 0
  • posted byIrHurtsNess on 01/24/2014

- Creates A LOT of sparks - Starts your fire - Very reliable - Easy to use - Easier to transport - Sturdy enough - Doesn't stink (always a plus on dx!) None. I could complain that the rod fell away from the black plastic holder thingy, but it's easy to stick it back in and it shouldn't fall if you use it properly. I really can't find a con for this ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byStig555 on 11/12/2013

It's quite chunky, it has good size and makes good sparks if you know how to use it. The striker is ok but it is better with a knife. The string is quite lousy but not a problem. I removed the striker and the string and secured it to my knife seath. I ordered 3 of them and all of the rods detached easily from the handle, my advice: remove all of them ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byraphaelsiqueira on 11/04/2013

Excellent ! Product arrived fast and as specified nothing to complain about this product. I Have Nothing to comoplain about because everything was processed directly as repodted in dx.com Could Package a little better that cometimes comes with some problems in the package .. Excellent ! I Am satisfied with product , gave some indication of this to improve ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byChris1512 on 10/14/2013

Solid product, well made and works perfectly. Tested it without any experience and was able to make it function correctly. I havent found any cons. Maybe it can come with a small pouch but its not really necessary because it has a string that can be hooked up on a backpack or any kind of bag. This is a great product to own, it works perfectly and the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAzoth87 on 10/09/2013

It's really simple to use and it's cheap and it works. So it's all pros no cons, what more could you expect from it? Like I said there are no cons so there isn't much I can write here. I actually bought it to my friend, I trust more in my Zippo, but my friend has been very happy with it. It gives good spark and it's a fool proof sparkle tool. So if ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections