Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• useful good flashlight

posted by slsam on 01/23/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Bright. Very convinient flashlight. Charger in package.
    Workes from AA batteries.

Cons:

Plastic cap. Getting hot in high mode. Can not disassemble head. Not protected 3.7v lithium battery in package.

Be aware not to make deep discharge and destroy battery in package. Flashlight will light even with around 1V input, while lowest safe voltage for this type of battery is 2.6v. By this reason I had to by protected batteries separately.

OtherThoughts:

Very convenient flashlight. You can wear it in hand, stand on serface or hang on clothes. Magnetic cap bring even more usability. No problem to fix it horisontalally or head down on magnetic serface. Rotating head will allow to direct light spot right where you need.

Bottom cap is made of plastic. Condition of the screw-thread on it is good for now. I had to clean up the screw-thread on body of the aluminum chips, otherwise it harms plastic cap.

I didn't found the way to disassemble head.

Approximate current values drained from 3.7V battery:
    High mode - 2200 mA
    Low mode - 700 mA
    Visibly strobe gives same amount of light as in Hight mode.

Working time with fully charged protected TrustFire batteries (SKU: 26124):
    Low mode - 2 hours 10 minutes.
    High mode - approximately 40 minutes.

"Glow in the dark" does not seams usefull. It needs bright light to charge luminophore. Luminofor is green. Illuminates short time (maybe 10 minutes max).

Bottomline:

Overall I'm happy with this flashlight.
    However next time I would consider buying this flashlight, batteries and charger separately in order to have protected batteries.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections