DX » Community » Reviews » Macro Extension Tube/Ring for Pentax SLR/DSLR Cameras
  • 5 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 20% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byFishyFishCZ on 01/30/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:* Very easy to use * Cheap compared to other similar products * Red point to indicate right orientation * Lock mechanism to avoid accidental loosening of lens * Built of metal Cons:* Sometimes it is difficult to disconnect two rings * No support for auto-focus... Read more

Body mount Lens mount with lock
    0 0
  • posted byKinthoriour on 10/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Nicely built, full metal, with a nice and easy to use locking system, many magnification powers, and a decent price, this is perfect to discover macro, and maybe one day get a dedicated lens, who knows...? Cons:None OtherThoughts:If you want to go for this mac... Read more

0 0
  • posted byelvinhaak on 07/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:After making it fit it is working. Cons:Really bad fitting on the body: just doesn't fit! It is not just the coating, but you need to use a Dremel, a file or something like that to get some coating and material off on the body side. OtherThoughts:Buy something t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMorok on 07/05/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:* Cheap * Nice for macro * Set of 3 tubes Cons:* without contacts (yeah, there can't be contacts for that price, so it's not real cons) * hard to use (it's a little flimsy and hard to pull off mount adapter, if you use M42 screw lens with it) * weak trigger to bayonet m... Read more

0 0
  • posted byngabor on 07/22/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Only pros - Good build quality. Made of metal - Rings easily changable and fits into the camera body Cons:- No cons OtherThoughts:- This is the best choice for macro mode for this price. - Better than macro filters, because there is no additional glass. - Chea... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeccs19 on 04/10/2009

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap extension tubes for playing around with macro work. No glass to distort your image quality. Worked with my M42 to K mount adapter. I've seen others from China that were cheap looking. These ones seems to appear a little better built. Cons:Won't communicate with... Read more

0 0
  • posted byebrium on 09/20/2008

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Its a better choice than macro filters, as it doesn't change your image, if you settle it right you can really make great macro photos with it Cons:actually it's impossible to screw the tube all the way in to the lens, although it does the job, and if used with care... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydmeech on 08/29/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The price is even cheaper than comparable do-it-yourself solutions. Very strong metal construction and the matte black finish matches black Pentax lenses and bodies from the 70s onward. I've successfully tested my set on several film bodies, my K100D and my K2... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystn67 on 06/28/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:+ low price + made out of metal + three tubes yield six different combinations to fit your macro needs + extension tubes don't affect the image quality Cons:- the metal threads for attaching the tubes and mounts make a grating noise when screwed - the camera bod... Read more

0 0
  • posted byesepepe on 06/24/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- they are great for macro/close-up photography - they are built from metal - you get three tubes, a body mount tube and a lens mount tube, to assemble into various combinations Cons:- the metal used in the mount mechanism, has some rust/dirt on it - Fitting the tubes t... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections