• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best for full manual lens

posted by dmeech on 08/29/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The price is even cheaper than comparable do-it-yourself solutions. Very strong metal construction and the matte black finish matches black Pentax lenses and bodies from the 70s onward. I've successfully tested my set on several film bodies, my K100D and my K20 without any issues.

Cons:

Does not work well with automatic lens because the aperture on these lenses is electronically communicated and adjusted. If you must use automatic lens, be sure to use a well diffused external flash or a tripod, remote and a long exposure.

OtherThoughts:

Contrary to other reviews, the body mount fits perfectly. However, the lens mount is tricky. Should you lose the little metal knob on the lens mount, your lens will become stuck to the mount and only a machinist will be able to remove it. So don't lose it!

Bottomline:

Not as good as a dedicated macro lens, but a good introduction to those who are interested in macro photography. The included instructions are written in Chinese, but reading the Pentax forums on the Internet, and the various macro forums as well, are a good substitute.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections