Customer’s impression:
Cheap and Useful
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent for experimentation

posted by otterpopjunkie on 10/21/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It'll serve for some experimentation, but don't expect to produce professional results. It did fit on my Nikon D60 just fine, but of course it's not "smooth," it's a rough fit if you follow. rough metal to metal, I was slightly worried I'd get metal bits in my camera. Hasn't happened though.

Cons:

Although this may be true for all extension tubes in this category, (I haven't used others), these seemed to produce poor results. But for the price.. it's worth a little fun. Watch for screws on the product, you don't want to get it stuck on your camera. Hasn't happened with me but it might jam or something.

OtherThoughts:

I had a lot of fun taking SUPER close up shots of stamps and money and coins and such - but it's extremely hard to use.

Bottomline:

Fun to play with for the price, but I'm buying macro filters for my lenses now - I think they'll provide MUCH better results for only slightly more cost, and won't require me taking 50+ photos to get one in focus since I can still autofocus, unlike with these.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections