Customer’s impression:
good Cheap and Useful
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent for experimentation

posted by otterpopjunkie on 10/21/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

It'll serve for some experimentation, but don't expect to produce professional results. It did fit on my Nikon D60 just fine, but of course it's not "smooth," it's a rough fit if you follow. rough metal to metal, I was slightly worried I'd get metal bits in my camera. Hasn't happened though.

Although this may be true for all extension tubes in this category, (I haven't used others), these seemed to produce poor results. But for the price.. it's worth a little fun. Watch for screws on the product, you don't want to get it stuck on your camera. Hasn't happened with me but it might jam or something.

I had a lot of fun taking SUPER close up shots of stamps and money and coins and such - but it's extremely hard to use.

Fun to play with for the price, but I'm buying macro filters for my lenses now - I think they'll provide MUCH better results for only slightly more cost, and won't require me taking 50+ photos to get one in focus since I can still autofocus, unlike with these.

Post comment

DX Everywhere