photos and videos here!

• Not a bad piece of hardware

posted by infra1 on 10/12/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

-Great inexpensive way of turning your older lens into a macro lens

-Went on and off without a hitch on my D7000

-Offers a significant increase in focal length with your current lens

-You MUST have a lens with an aperture ring (older lenses)

-A caveat with this technique of creating a macro lens is you lose light -- not sure how much but I'm reading a fullstop -- so low light won't work too well unless you have a lens with a super wide aperture

-Some people may have to fiddle with it to get it nice and snug when using more than one of the spacers at the same time

-Lens may fasten incorrectly (does not snap in) if inserted at the wrong slot point --- it will still screw in, but the small bolt that clips/locks the lens into place will not engage -- just remember to fasten the lens with the white dot indicator (if your lens has one) so that it's lined up with your camera body

-Don't lose the screw that comes with it -- it's a tab to pull the lens lock

I'm really enjoying this little piece of hardware. You can take some amazing pictures (or video footage) if you've got the right lens. I've added a couple of video clips --- please see above (no post editing).

If you don't want to spend the big bucks for a macro lens and you've got an older lens with an aperture ring, you should definitely give this a try! Just be prepared for a little fiddling around with it to get it secured right, but it's really not that bad. I've been using it for a little while and I'm quite comfortable with it. I've had no issues with the spacer getting stuck to my D7000's body. In and out, just like a normal lens.

Check out the video clips I've added above.

Post comment

DX Everywhere