• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very Good! Отлично! Ótimo! Roberto
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great flash for a low price

posted by RicardoConsonni on 05/17/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Powerful, but you can dial it down
    - Reliable output.
    - Fast recharge time
    - Head turns on two axis, so you can bounce flash light from ceilings and walls, and shoot portrait and landscape shots.
    - Has a built-in difuser (good if you don't have a dettachable one) and a deflector.
    - LCD is really good and well illuminated. Buttons are soft and easy to operate.

Cons:

- You will need a lot of rechargeable NiMH batteries (and a charger), specially if you plan to shoot longer sessions. Using Enitime and Soshine 2500 mAh batteries, I got around 80 shots of each set, then batteries were drained. I expected more

OtherThoughts:

Camera weight will increase significantly, mainly because of the batteries. If you're not used to it, your hands and arms will start to ache after a short while.
    I used this unit with a Canon XSi, a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, and a Canon 50mm f/1.8, and got amazing results.

Bottomline:

Flash is well suited for amateur photographers. It doesn't have e-TTL, but for this price it's OK.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections