• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very Good! Отлично! Ótimo! Roberto
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Really good buy!

posted by silentcyfer on 05/05/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The price, you just can't beat that. For the money you would spend on an equivalent Canon speedlite , you can get 3 of these! I'm using mine as a slave unit and it doesn't even require a wireless trigger when on slave mode. The light detector picks up even the most stray of flashes in the room and triggers itself to flash. You can set for it to beep upon flash, which is especially useful during shoots. The user interface is simple and easy to use, unlike the Canon ones which are overly complicated sometimes. I've measured with a light meter when I fire the flash at the various stops (1/1, 1/2... etc) and they were all bang on. Overall mechanism is decent, the swivel head is really smooth and feels well made. Once again surprised its sold for so cheap!

Cons:

Can't find any really. If I must, I would say that the hot shoe locking mechanism (a turn tightener) is very primitive. But hey, it does the job nonetheless.

OtherThoughts:

The package got shipped to me really quickly and I received in a week's time. Super speedy. Probably because of the large demand for these guys, they ship them out quick. One thing to note is the type of batteries to use for this flash. It must be strictly alkaline or NiMH and no others.

Bottomline:

If you're an avid photographer, get it! Really good and affordable option for a slave flash. Works great both indoor and outdoors. One of the true gems you can find on DX!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections